Gary Parrish on why we should do a "buy game"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ABC View Post
    It would be great to really know what converations have happened regarding scheduling. We don't need to play Duke, we need to play top 50 programs like Colorado, New Mexico, Florida State etc.
    Absolutely agreed.

We don't need games against Duke, Syracuse, etc. so much as we need programs regularly in the top 50. Teams that need to build resumes to get at-large bids because they have little shot at winning their leagues, but get the RPI benefit of playing the biggest teams in their conferences.

We've been able to do that well with the SEC, but mid-level SEC teams don't give the benefit of mid-level teams in other major conferences.

As a Florida State fan as well, FSU needs to up their noncon schedule strength (though I don't know that they would), and WSU would easily win that game. And FSU is always going to be a top 100 RPI win, and often a top 50 win.

I absolutely don't think we need to take buy games. We need to schedule smart and efficiently in the nonconference and take care of business in the tournament. And choose our early season tournaments smart to try to avoid Tennessee State type games. Make it well known that we'll play anyone on a neutral site or home/home using Intrust, but if no one wants to take us up on it, that's their problem. We'll just keep taking high seeds in the NCAA tournament.
    Originally posted by BleacherReport
    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Crap on us taking buy games. Instead, we should start offering $100,000 plus to about 3or 4 selected BCS schools to come play us one and done.

Comment

The equivalent to this suggestion is that Gary Parrish should write some freelance articles for a few blogs to increase his credentials. You know, get his stuff out there.
        Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Working...
        X