Blocked Shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blocked Shots

Haven't seen many comments on this, but do you notice how we usually block 4 or 5 shots per game and almost always have more blocks than our opponent? It might not be a huge deal or overwhelming advantage, but seems to be one of those little things that WSU does very well and those little things add up to success. I would guess the team as spent a fair amount of time practicing technique drills on shot blocking because our timing and positioning are excellent....and we hardly ever seem to foul when attempting a block. Most of the time, it's as good as a steal and probably has some deterrent effect on the opponent attempting inside shots.

May I direct you to our sticky, Shocker Record Book, where at the beginning of February, the 2013-14 team was already #8 in total blocks. Currently, they are at 135 blocks which would put them 3rd on the list and will be #2 soon.

They may need to make a run in the Dance to have enough games to get them to #1.

Comment

If Jim Rome hears we move to #1 in blocks he will have 15 minutes of material.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
        May I direct you to our sticky, Shocker Record Book, where at the beginning of February, the 2013-14 team was already #8 in total blocks. Currently, they are at 135 blocks which would put them 3rd on the list and will be #2 soon.

They may need to make a run in the Dance to have enough games to get them to #1.
        Thanks. As I suspected, it seems to be more of a team trait than just a dominating individual. Look at how many Marshall teams rank so high on that list.

Comment

I wonder if blocked shots in ncaa play has increased this year in that with the new rules more teams are trying to penetrate usually by smaller guards where their shots are blocked either by the taller post players or even from behind by the guy they beat?

Comment

Prevents a score.

Creates a change in possession usually.

Discourages drives to basket.

What's not to like?

The Shockers had 7 blocks in the SIU game. I am not sure, but I believe the high for the season is 8 blocks.

How much dirt is there in a hole in the ground that measures 4'x3'x2'?
            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
              If Jim Rome hears we move to #1 in blocks he will have 15 minutes of material.
              This team is #1 all time at WSU in blocked shots. NUMBER. ONE. That's number one in blocked shots, folks. You're talking about a team who has blocked more shots than any other team. Ridiculous. RI.DICILOUS. How many other teams can say they are NUMBER ONE all time in blocked shots at their school. I didn't think so, clones. 7 figures... Private jet.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                Prevents a score.

Creates a change in possession usually.

Discourages drives to basket.

What's not to like?

The Shockers had 7 blocks in the SIU game. I am not sure, but I believe the high for the season is 8 blocks.

How much dirt is there in a hole in the ground that measures 4'x3'x2'?
                None

Comment

What does a ship weigh when it leaves port?

Comment

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                      What does a ship weigh when it leaves port?
                      Since no one even tried to guess....the answer is anchor. A ship weighs anchor.

Comment

Speaking of blocks, I noticed that Fred has 4 blocks on the season, which, by the way, is one more block than a certain Wooden Award candidate who is 9 inches taller than Fred has.
                        78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                          Speaking of blocks, I noticed that Fred has 4 blocks on the season, which, by the way, is one more block than a certain Wooden Award candidate who is 9 inches taller than Fred has.
                          There is no debate about who should win the Wooden Award this year.

There is also no debate about which player's team has had, and is most likely to have again, post-season success.

Each is trying to accomplish different things.

Comment

Working...
                          X