Coaching Staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaching Staff

First off, I think we have one of the best coaching staffs in the nation. Marshall gets all the accolades but we have some serious talent in the assistant ranks. I'm very surprised Jans has not been seriously pursued. Maybe he has, we just don't know about it. Whatever the case, if I'm an AD and looking to make a change (especially if I'm at a low-mid D1 or a middle to low tier BCS), I'd have a guy like Jans at the top of my list. Anyone have any feedback on this? Is he big time head coaching material?

He's interviewed for some lower D1 teams. I'm guessing the pay would have to be pretty good, Lansing and some of the other Valley coaches don't make that much more than Jans does at WSU.

I think it was down to Jans and Joe Dooley for the Florida Gulf Coast job last year. The thought was that Dooley may fit more of the "Dunk Coast" brand that they're known for.

Their loss.
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
      He's interviewed for some lower D1 teams. I'm guessing the pay would have to be pretty good, Lansing and some of the other Valley coaches don't make that much more than Jans does at WSU.

I think it was down to Jans and Joe Dooley for the Florida Gulf Coast job last year. The thought was that Dooley may fit more of the "Dunk Coast" brand that they're known for.

Their loss.
      Not sure Jans would have been a good fit at FGCU. I think he can do better and find a better fit for him if he does go. Would hate to lose him but would wish him all the best if he does find a HC gig to his liking.

Comment

And maybe he'll hang around thinking that someday.....................................
        Last edited by pinstripers; February 12, 2014, 03:26 PM.

Comment

This is why its important to pay the staff very well. You don't see much turnover among the senior staff at the " perceived blueblood' schools. It makes the head coaching job a lot easier if you aren't having to replace your senior guys every year or so.

Comment

Jans would be good at mid level big 12 or pac 12 schools.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

He and Marshall make a great team. The others haven't been here that long but I know they will make substantial contributions with recruiting. Leave the team intact. Hate change when things are going so well.

Comment

Working...
              X