Storm the Court?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storm the Court?

I've been to every home game since the Coliseum. In that , Coliseum year the court was stormed when we beat Creighton.
    The court has seen a lot of attendance after games in which WSU cut down nets. Otherwise I can't remember Shocker fans storming the court.
    I can't think of a win that fans would do so. I just saw a pick of K State doing that after beating KU. Those two play all the time.
    I can see that occasion at the Coliseum. WSU rose from some desolate years.
    But now, I just can't see it happening. As fans we enjoy the winning. We also seem to grasp for accolades or maybe over react to the slights.
    I believe more in action than words. I'm pleased that as fans we can raise the roof, fight for our due, but at the end of the day we believe in the program & act like we've won before. ( which we have, a recent player graduated as the all-time win ingest Shocker & will likely be surpassed soon.
    Our doubters should take notice of how we act.
    Phi Alpha

When we beat MoSt on senior night to finish the season undefeated I will have no problem with some storm the court action.

Comment

I don't think that "storming" will be allowed, but I can see them letting the students come down onto the court after they have gotten Missouri State off and back into their locker room.

Comment

My memory is kind of foggy, but I'm fairly certain that back in '05-'06 we stormed the court after winning the MVC regular season at Koch and Turgeon cut down the nets. My main recollection of this is seeing my seventh grade history teacher, who had retired by that time, jump over people and stampede his way through to the court.

But. Maybe it wasn't a full on storming.

Comment

Watch out, I be stormin'...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Yes '05 - '06 everyone stormed the courts, but I would say it was a "calmer" storming in the sense that the valley championship was decided before the game so facilities had plenty of time to prepare...there was no real spontaneity to it.

That being said, it was an unbelievable experience to be out on the court when the team cut down the nets, something I won't ever forget.

Comment

If we finish the regular season undefeated and win the valley and we dont storm the court i question everyones fandom as well as man/womanhood.

Matter of fact I wish a motherdunker would tell me how they think we shouldnt so I can call them a disco-dancing, Oscar Wilde-reading, Streisand ticket-holding friend of Dorothy, know what I’m saying?

Comment

If I recall correctly the university organized the "walking to the court". They had security hold the crowd until the other team and officials had cleared the floor and them there was a post game celebration.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
                  Matter of fact I wish a motherdunker would tell me how they think we shouldnt so I can call them a disco-dancing, Oscar Wilde-reading, Streisand ticket-holding friend of Dorothy, know what I’m saying?
                  Dorian Gray's my s***.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                    If I recall correctly the university organized the "walking to the court". They had security hold the crowd until the other team and officials had cleared the floor and them there was a post game celebration.
                    If we had any dignity whatsoever, we would immediately rush to our cars, return home and then, what, 4 months later, celebrate the victory with some $400-a-plate dead chicken.
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I was in the student section for the 2006 court storm. Prior to the game, word worked through the student section that if anyone wanted to storm, they had to go around to the next section with an aisle that went down to the court. Had anyone jumped that rail in front of the student section, they'd be arrested. That makes sense, as it was a safety concern.

I don't think there could be a spontaneous court storm of Koch (ie buzzer beater). Now, Intrust would be a different story as the facility layout works better for that.
                      78-65

Comment

Storm Angry!

Comment

Originally posted by coran13 View Post
                          My memory is kind of foggy, but I'm fairly certain that back in '05-'06 we stormed the court after winning the MVC regular season at Koch and Turgeon cut down the nets. My main recollection of this is seeing my seventh grade history teacher, who had retired by that time, jump over people and stampede his way through to the court.

But. Maybe it wasn't a full on storming.
                          It was organized storming. The student section emptied out once the game was in the deep freeze. It was really cool watching the students stream in.

I didn't storm cause I'm boring. I wanted to though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                            It was organized storming. The student section emptied out once the game was in the deep freeze. It was really cool watching the students stream in.

I didn't storm cause I'm boring. I wanted to though.
                            It was less of a storming and more of a quite showering of the court.
                            "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

Court storming is for loser, doormat programs. If you storm the court you are showing a complete lack of respect for your program. Great programs should NEVER storm the court. Only fans of bottom feeder programs do it. Look around the country. Indiana fans looked pathetic the other night. It's freakin INDIANA, and you're storming the court ?!?! I'd rather be the program that they storm the court when they beat you. That's the sign of a GREAT program.
                              Last edited by Zubcut; February 11, 2014, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X