Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We Probably Offered To Play Everyone So...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Probably Offered To Play Everyone So...

Why aren't the teams who refused to play us not getting criticized for refusing to schedule good games?

We're getting ripped for not having any good teams on our schedule. It seems logical to criticize the teams that refused to play us for their refusal to schedule a good team.

We're getting criticized for our scheduling, but those who refused to play us and chose to play NorthEastern Sisters of the Poor and Blind get a pass because they play against the "right" teams in their league.

Is there any possibility that anyone in the media could figure ths out?
    Last edited by Aargh; February 10, 2014, 11:58 PM.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

If they were to figure it out, they would have noting to ***** about and we couldn't have that now could we.

Comment

Anyone who bitches at me about our schedule gets told to **** off and is followed up with increasingly belligerent "exclamations". There is nothing you can tell them to convince them that their school is part if the problem, so why bother. And yelling at them feels good.

Comment

Props for going into St. Louis to beat what soon will prove to be a top 10 school.
        Phi Alpha

Comment

Syracuse played 1 non-conference road game, a win at Baylor. WSU went to Baylor to scrimmage. Errrr, give coach a tryout for his new job. I guess WSU fared well down there.
          Phi Alpha

Comment

Originally posted by Speed View Post
            Props for going into St. Louis to beat what soon will prove to be a top 10 school.
            "But St. Louis hasn't beaten anybody."
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Speed View Post
              Syracuse played 1 non-conference road game, a win at Baylor. WSU went to Baylor to scrimmage. Errrr, give coach a tryout for his new job. I guess WSU fared well down there.
              That win against Baylor wasn't even a road game. It was in Maui.

Comment

Cuse never leaves the state of NY until conference play starts, it will work out for them this year as they'll finish either 1-2 in the ACC. But in years past it has come back to haunt them look back at 2006 (the year the Shockers won at the dome). The orange finish 22-10 including 10-6 in the BE but only played one OOC road game against Canisus in far off Buffalo NY. The even won their first game in the BET but still got sent to the NIT. I actually think WSU was smart with their scheduling this year, if you think you had a good shot to run the table in the conference with Creighton gone then a road game against a top school would likely only hurt. Right now winning out likely gets you a one seed or at least the top 2 seed and you can't ask for anything else than that. Unlike football college basketball ranking don't mean anything

Comment

I think Marshall will take on the best teams he can get. I can't see him turning down a home and home with anyone of merit. He just doesn't want to be bought in order to go into some BCS venue.

Comment

The people complaining about our schedule have no influence on any other team's schedule. It makes no sense to even engage them in a discussion of having their team (or any team) play ours. I've yet to hear complaints coming from other coaches.

I'm fairly certain that several years ago the selection committee stopped giving power-conference teams a pass for cupcake non-conference schedules or playing all their games at home. I seem to recall Boeheim even complaining about that. The talking heads only talked about it for a couple of years. That doesn't mean the selection committee has quit talking about it.

Comment

SLU has a brutal stretch coming up. If they get through that stretch then it's a BFD for us and for them.
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                        SLU has a brutal stretch coming up. If they get through that stretch then it's a BFD for us and for them.
                        SLU has been walking the tightrope the last few weeks with several overtime/close games. Tough time of the year for all teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
                          SLU has been walking the tightrope the last few weeks with several overtime/close games. Tough time of the year for all teams.
                          Indeed, but VCU twice, GWU, and @GMU is a rough stretch in the A-10 - especially in their final 5 games. If SLU goes 3-2 I'll be happy.
                          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

I say (again)

We should take those buy games. We get a check and get to whoop some ass. Yeah I get it id rather see a good school come here (or historically good you know what i mean) bit it aint gonna happen. So might as well take there money and screw their wives while were at it.

Comment

Think the selection committee will try and match us up with Slu again?
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                              X