Senior night details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senior night details

ESPN is listing the game for 3:00 cst. A friend of mine said he saw a tv listing for it yesterday on the site but it is not there now. Anyone have any information on possible tv coverage?
    Shocker Nation, NYC

The time has not yet been set by ESPN.

ST. LOUIS -- ESPN notified the Missouri Valley Conference of its selection of the Missouri State at Wichita State men's basketball game for air on either ESPN or ESPN2 on Saturday, March 1, at a yet-to-be determined time.

Might depend on where they do gameday.

Comment

Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
      ESPN is listing the game for 3:00 cst. A friend of mine said he saw a tv listing for it yesterday on the site but it is not there now. Anyone have any information on possible tv coverage?

...ESPN notified the Missouri Valley Conference of its selection of the Missouri State at Wichita State men’s basketball game for air on either ESPN or ESPN2 on Saturday, March 1, at a yet-to-be determined time. The tipoff time and network will be determined in the next 7-10 days. ...

Comment

Is us hosting gameday that day a decent reality or just a pipe-dream?
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
          Is us going undefeated in the regular season a decent reality or just a pipe-dream?

Comment

Maybe a mini-game day as ESPN is scheduled for:

March 1 Stillwater, Okla. 10 a.m. & 8 p.m. Kansas at Oklahoma State 9 p.m.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
              Is us going undefeated in the regular season a decent reality or just a pipe-dream?
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                Maybe a mini-game day as ESPN is scheduled for:

March 1 Stillwater, Okla. 10 a.m. & 8 p.m. Kansas at Oklahoma State 9 p.m.
                ya that could work
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Hosting GameDay is not only a pipe-dream, it would be classified as a possible acid flashback from a dab in 1962.

The schedule for GameDay has been set since August. They have been scheduled to be in Stillwater since then.

Do they have the PbP and Color guys, maybe even a sideline reporter or two do some coverage from CKA during Gameday? Probably. Will they film some stuff prior to gameday in CKA? Maybe. But they will not be hosting Gameday here this year.

And that is my question behind this bring gameday thing to CKA. Do people not understand these schedules are set prior to the season starting?
                  ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

I think to answer that you must ask yourself ..... Hang on a second......

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                      Hosting GameDay is not only a pipe-dream, it would be classified as a possible acid flashback from a dab in 1962.

The schedule for GameDay has been set since August. They have been scheduled to be in Stillwater since then.

Do they have the PbP and Color guys, maybe even a sideline reporter or two do some coverage from CKA during Gameday? Probably. Will they film some stuff prior to gameday in CKA? Maybe. But they will not be hosting Gameday here this year.

And that is my question behind this bring gameday thing to CKA. Do people not understand these schedules are set prior to the season starting?
                      You are right that the schedules are set. However, schedules can also be changed. With the way Oklahoma State is playing, would ESPN really still reward Stillwater with GameDay? Oklahoma State is riding a four-game losing streak that could very easily extend to 7 (and not just because Smart's suspension). If the Pokes continue to falter, there would be little to no enthusiasm for that game. Okay, so they're still good fans down there, and with the game being sold out, it would still be a good atmosphere for a Top 10 team coming in. However, that still doesn't make for good TV...not compared to a team with a reputation as a tremendous homecourt advantage and a chance to finish a regular season undefeated which rarely happens....and Wichita has also never hosted GameDay.

There were specific times set that the Valley had for the Wild Card games. The only reason that I can think of that our game doesn't have a time is that GameDay could seriously be an option. You might be right in that it ultimately won't happen, but Bristol has to be at least considering this.
                      78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                        You are right that the schedules are set. However, schedules can also be changed. With the way Oklahoma State is playing, would ESPN really still reward Stillwater with GameDay? Oklahoma State is riding a four-game losing streak that could very easily extend to 7 (and not just because Smart's suspension). If the Pokes continue to falter, there would be little to no enthusiasm for that game. Okay, so they're still good fans down there, and with the game being sold out, it would still be a good atmosphere for a Top 10 team coming in. However, that still doesn't make for good TV...not compared to a team with a reputation as a tremendous homecourt advantage and a chance to finish a regular season undefeated which rarely happens....and Wichita has also never hosted GameDay.

There were specific times set that the Valley had for the Wild Card games. The only reason that I can think of that our game doesn't have a time is that GameDay could seriously be an option. You might be right in that it ultimately won't happen, but Bristol has to be at least considering this.
                        I'll eat a plate of crow if they reschedule GameDay from Stillwater to Wichita.
                        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                            I'll eat a plate of crow if they reschedule GameDay from Stillwater to Wichita.
                            Stillwater and Wichita are close enough together that they could conceivably do both. Do an early game day at one location and the late game day from the other one.

Comment

I don't think people realize the amount of planning that go into a College Gameday. I've been to two and it's a MASSIVE undertaking and one that can't easily be changed at a whim.

ESPN brings out 3D cameras, cater a meal for students the day before the game to get shots for advertisements, have ex-military personnel guarding their equipment (largest men I've ever seen), they make School specific "State-Farm" gear, etc. etc. They have 4-5 30 foot robotic controlled boom cameras. There is literally not a single camera that is operated by a camera-man for gameday. It's all robotic boom controls. They set up massive speakers for the crowd to be able to hear what the analysts are saying. I could go on.

Not to mention the school who is hosting gameday has probably prepared several give-aways (T-Shirts etc) for months in advance.

There is no way in hell game-day reschedules. NONE.
                              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Working...
                              X