No announcement yet.

Northern Iowa In-Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two great comebacks by the Shocks. Our lack of turnovers was cool but I was shocked that we did not rebound better. Their 7'0, J.E. who hurt us here in Wichita did not play and Coleman finally fouled out. Thought we could eat them up a little more inside.

Even so, I was proud of our Shocks. We will not catch many breaks this year obviously, but we can keep fighting and scatch and claw and still get some wins.

When HCGM accidently took out the ref, I was quite concerned when they huddled. My concern was they would call a belated T. on him. That hit was nothing like the jolt that MB took the 1st half. Man, that jolt on MB (no call of course) almost vibrated me out of my rocking chair and almost caused me to swallow my dentures baby!!! WOW!!!! Did anybody get the tag number of that Mac Truck? Then he still answers the bell again and keeps right on producing and fightin!!! Man, that young man has some true grit !!!!!!!

GM and PJ sure did some nice things tonight. SIU will come knocking Sat. See you all there at 6----not 7. Let's get wild and crazy and cheer these Shockers to a needed win!!!!!!!
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• God these kids show no quit. Is there any chance in the world that something good could happen to a group of people that have had so much go wrong and yet continue to scrape and claw for every single minute?

Not to get off on a rant or anything but ShockRef is right. That is a high school program that had no business getting into the Valley. It is a podunk school in a half of a wanna be podunk town in the middle of bumlick nowhere. We lose Tulsa and get UNI.....dandy.

Comment

• And then Evansville to add insult to injury.

Comment

• Exactly.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu
            God these kids show no quit. Is there any chance in the world that something good could happen to a group of people that have had so much go wrong and yet continue to scrape and claw for every single minute?
            With how this team has continued to fight through this season (although not always with the wins to show for it) I really believe this season will pay dividends down the road.

If a team quits during a season with this kind of adversity, it accomplishes nothing, but when a team keeps fighting, it builds an unbelievable amounts of toughness. We may to have many people who are currently on this team around much longer since so many new people are coming in next year, but the guys who fought through this year may well become the type of leaders you need to be a great team.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• To get myself out of this mindset I went and played TF2 and my team dominated the first round, then they fought back and it was just like this stupid game. Right at the end we tie it up and force OT, and then when we think we are screwed in OT, we tie it up and then we take the lead and then they get some miracle kills and we lose.

Seriously, this was not my night.

Comment

• UNI hit every shot they needed to down the stretch. I didn't realize they had such good outside shooters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snapshot9
                  UNI hit every shot they needed to down the stretch. I didn't realize they had such good outside shooters.
                  I don't think UNI did either
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• KUDOS to all of you who contribute to the In-game narratives. Your sharp and often hilarious comments and yeah, even crys of frustration, really make it almost seem like I am watching the game myself.

From a devoted In-game fan, YOU'RE ALL GREAT!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by J&J-Ryan
                      BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!
                      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Thanks for the memory Ryan :lol:

edit: the boom occurs at the 2:30 mark but you should at least set it up at 2:15 or so
                      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• (turning away from the camera, in exasperation) yeah.......

Comment

• Great effort last night guys. I think you guys will spoil someone's season in St. Louis. I just hope it isn't the Redbirds. :D

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghost of Rick Lamb
                            Great effort last night guys. I think you guys will spoil someone's season in St. Louis. I just hope it isn't the Redbirds. :D
                            I think the 'Birds are the one team none of us really want to play against in the Lou.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
                              Originally posted by Snapshot9
                              UNI hit every shot they needed to down the stretch. I didn't realize they had such good outside shooters.
                              I don't think UNI did either
                              It appears that this season WSU has had a way of letting every team know that they can shoot. Coincidence?.....

Comment

• I haven't looked at opponent field goal percentage or other defensive stats for a while. Do the numbers bear out your opinion, rr? Seems to me that we have, for the most part, played pretty well defensively this year.
                                Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Working...
                                X