PSA: Student Tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSA: Student Tickets

Huge lines in the ticket office for student tickets only an hour after they became available. If you want a chance to make the last two games, you need to go NOW.

Well, I am in a pickle! Stuck in a Microeconomics class at the moment; however, I should really get those tickets.... I think we all know what needs to be done.
    Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

Friend of mine on twitter said she just called up to the ticket office asking about how many student tickets were left and they told her they were already out, in 2.5 hours.
      Shox-4-Life

Comment

My day so far:
        Get to work in West Wichita at 8:00 AM like normal.
        In a meeting till about 10.
        After meeting hear that student tickets are running out.
        Call the ticket office to see how many tickets are left. I am told there are about 100.
        Look for my boss to see if I can leave early, but I can't find her. Decide it is now or never and leave now and just send a text so she knows why I left.
        Drive as fast as I possible can in the snow without feeling like I'm going to kill someone. Park in the first spot I find and run to the Ticket Office. There is a line of about 30 people in front of me. The ticket people keep looking at the the length of the line nervously. I am getting really anxious. When I get to the front of the line I ask the guy if I made it. He grins and says "We'll find out." I was the very last ticket. My boss texts me and says it's okay I left early.

I get to go to my last home game as a student!!
        Last edited by TheDover1018; February 10, 2014, 02:15 PM.

Comment

I was in the ticket office from 9:30-10. Might have overstated the situation a little, but the ticket office was full and almost everyone was getting guest tickets. And multiple ones. I missed out on tickets in this last bunch because I underestimated demand, so I wanted to get a warning out on shockernet. Hope everyone that wanted tickets were able to get them.

Comment

Attention: Students

Would you be so kind and let the WSU Volleyball team occupy the first 2 rows tomorrow night. Some of us 'older farts' need to see things that are 'easy on our eyes'.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation and understanding.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by DJShocker10 View Post
              Well, I am in a pickle! Stuck in a Microeconomics class at the moment; however, I should really get those tickets.... I think we all know what needs to be done.
              I know that it's technically a macro economics issue, but supply and demand issue coupled with some diminishing returns by sitting in class while basketball tickets are being consumed may just be a good lesson to illustrate to the prof why you need to leave. Opportunity cost...
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post
                I was in the ticket office from 9:30-10. Might have overstated the situation a little, but the ticket office was full and almost everyone was getting guest tickets. And multiple ones. I missed out on tickets in this last bunch because I underestimated demand, so I wanted to get a warning out on shockernet. Hope everyone that wanted tickets were able to get them.
                Your post was what got me to ask around to see if I needed to do something. There would have been no way I got the tickets without it so you have my sincere thanks.

Comment

Really cool story just unfolded in front of my eyes...

I'm warming up in the RSC between classes and ADES is walking around, chatting away with students, working the crowd as he is known to do. He asks a couple students how they're day is going. They replied that they were doing well, but joked about not being able to get tickets. He informed the students that their tickets were free. They knew and informed him that all the student tickets had been snatched away, and it seemed as if he was unaware of that fact at the moment. He simply tells the students "That's why you gotta show up early," pats the students on the back and disappears around the corner. About five minutes later, he returns to the students and informs them that he had reserved two more GA tickets for them, wrote a note for them to hand to those at the ticket office, and continued about his day.

Really cool to witness ADES make somebody's day like that. He is setting a great example for everyone around him. Kudos ADES! Kudos!
                  Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                    Attention: Students

Would you be so kind and let the WSU Volleyball team occupy the first 2 rows tomorrow night. Some of us 'older farts' need to see things that are 'easy on our eyes'.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation and understanding.

i am certain some on this board will blow a tube at the very thought of this, they need to get a life.
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                      i am certain some on this board will blow a tube at the very thought of this, they need to get a life.
                      "Blow a tube" at the thought of hot chicks on the front row, or that someone would suggest that the best seats and camera shots should illustrate someone other than the ugliest students we seem to have in our student body?

WSU has no shortage of very attractive ladies, as the start of every fall semester would convey quite clearly.

Comment

Depending on the demand next season, WSU is going to have to go to some sort of lottery system. I've already heard of a few students who are really upset because they were unable to get tickets and have gone to every game this season.

Comment

They just need to get rid of the students' ability to buy the super cheap guest tickets. As long as tickets to athletic events are a component of every student's fees (albeit a low amount I would guess if it were broken out), then every student needs the opportunity to at least have a chance to secure tickets before some random "guest." It is after all the student section, not the student+1 section.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                            They just need to get rid of the students' ability to buy the super cheap guest tickets. As long as tickets to athletic events are a component of every student's fees (albeit a low amount I would guess if it were broken out), then every student needs the opportunity to at least have a chance to secure tickets before some random "guest." It is after all the student section, not the student+1 section.
                            I agree. Except that I think this needs to be a consistent problem before they change the policy.

After all, it's really been more of a GA section than a student section before the last 8 games.

Comment

Ah, kind of reminds me of the '81-'82 season. The previous season, we had made it to the elite eight and had some nice recruits (X, Sherrod, Dreiling) coming in to join the bookends. Naturally, anticipation was high and it was time for student season tickets to go on sale in the fall. For some reason, the Athletic Department turned to decision of how to distribute them over to the Student Faculty Senate. The meeting was jam packed with students that evening - it was said at the time to be, by far, the largest attendance ever at a WSU student government meeting. Anyway, various options were discussed - a lottery? a bona fide Oklahoma land rush with a shotgun start? As it turned out, they decided to just open the ticket office at the appointed hour some weekday morning. The day before tickets went on sale, a big crowd gathered in front of the ticket office with their tents and provisions to settle in for a camp out. It was a miserable, cold, rainy October night. My fiancé and I stayed until we couldn't stand it anymore and retreated back to snuggle at our apartment at 21st and Woodlawn, leaving our modest tent in the camp. Set our alarm clock for 5:30am, snuck back in to blend with the group, and the rest was history.

Comment

Working...
                              X