A fun column about the Shockers and your old rival Buejays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A fun column about the Shockers and your old rival Buejays

I thought that you might enjoy this read as you start a Sunday off after an impressive week of road domination and PLAY ANGRY in the Valley! I see no way you don't head to the finals in Arch Madness undefeated, and this Valley fan is impressed with your march thru the Valley regular season, to date. We have a tough one on the road tonight, and we hope you are watching and rooting for your old foe like most Bluejay fans are rooting for and enjoying your success this year!

Personally, I havent watched CU at all this year.....I wonder if FOX1 will be on the air next year, ratings have been awful. So I guess no one else has either,,,,,lol

Comment

Good article. Definately some truth to it. I'm enjoying creightons success in the big east because they are essentially a valley team still.

Comment

It was a good article and I wish they were still in the Valley and I hope we can get a yearly series with them started. If they want to understand how to win in the Garden maybe they could call us up… We took care of that a long time ago!

Comment

I like this line from the article: "The Big East is onto this team that looks like a bunch of 24-year-old YMCA hustlers."
          Livin the dream

Comment

if creighton was in the valley this year, the story would still read: "yes, wichita state is undefeated, but look, it's only because they are in the weak mvc."

Comment

I don't hate CU like so many on this board. Just couldn't stand Altman and some of his recruits. I just wonder how good CU is going to be next year but more particularly two years from now (that's two years sans Dougie). Not to say that CU is a one trick pony but you do have to admit the majority of their scoring, night in and night out, is from Doug (who is an awesome scorer). I have caught some of their games -- not full games just tune in for 5 or 10 minutes at a time but I do usually pay attention to the final score. I thank Jay Dog for his comments but want to know where are these "most Bluejay fans are rooting for and enjoying your success this year"? From the one tread that was posted here on SN after the In St game, it didn't seem anyone posting there had anything good to say about WSU. They thought we were overrated, played junior varsity type ball, and all CU fans were glad they had "escaped" from the Valley into a really good conference. I didn't see any good wishes at all from that thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                I don't hate CU like so many on this board. Just couldn't stand Altman and some of his recruits. I just wonder how good CU is going to be next year but more particularly two years from now (that's two years sans Dougie). Not to say that CU is a one trick pony but you do have to admit the majority of their scoring, night in and night out, is from Doug (who is an awesome scorer). I have caught some of their games -- not full games just tune in for 5 or 10 minutes at a time but I do usually pay attention to the final score. I thank Jay Dog for his comments but want to know where are these "most Bluejay fans are rooting for and enjoying your success this year"? From the one tread that was posted here on SN after the In St game, it didn't seem anyone posting there had anything good to say about WSU. They thought we were overrated, played junior varsity type ball, and all CU fans were glad they had "escaped" from the Valley into a really good conference. I didn't see any good wishes at all from that thread.
                I don't think message boards are a good barometer for the feelings of any fan base.
                Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                  I don't think message boards are a good barometer for the feelings of any fan base.
                  I certainly wish more thought that. Maybe we wouldn't have so many fan bases hating on us because of a few posters who spew whatever happens to hit their pea brains at the time. Edit guys, edit BEFORE hitting that posing button.

Comment

I will give you the most accurate description that I can of how people in Omaha view the Shockers. Most don't hate the Shockers. Most want to see Wichita State do very well and run deep in the tournament. Sure, there are those on message boards that spew all sorts of vitriol, but they aren't the majority. In fact, they are a very small minority. Friday night, the section I sit in at the CenturyLink Center was discussing Wichita State. I didn't hear a single disparaging comment. Everybody was impressed with what the Shockers have done and want them to continue. Most understand a deep run by Wichita State and possibly Creightn validates what the Valley has been for the last decade. Hoping Wichita State stinks it up does nothing to enhance Creighton's image, nor does Creighton stinking it up enhance the Shocker's image, it simply validate that over the last decade, the Valley was a mid major. Neither Creighton, nor Wichita State is mid major.

On the other hand, the status of the other nine Valley schools has been discussed as well. That discussion isn't nearly as positive as the Shocker discussion. Outside of Wichita State, there is nothing in the Valley this year. Nothing. That saddens people in Omaha. The Valley has been spiraling for several years, and with Creighton leaving, the Valley is like looking at an old, dead mall. No reason to go, nothing there to see, just one proud anchor (Wichita State) and a bunch of shuttered storefronts. It's sad. And I, and most in Omaha hope and pray it turns around.

Any hate people in Omaha had towards Wichita State died when Creighton left. Then again, when Nebraska left the Big 12 for the B1G, most Nebraskan's quit hating on their former rivals, so did the Mizzou fans I know. Big 12 fans still hate on both Nebraska and Mizzou, and they really still hate A&M. I guess the level of hate depends on which side of the breakup you fall. That said, I don't think most Shocker fans hold much ill will towards Creighton, Shocker fans, given rthe choice would have bolted for teh NBE if they were given the chance. Wichita State will bolt the second a viable alternative to the Valley presents itself. Back to the dead mall imagry, Wichita STate is the proud anchor staore located in a dead mall. Sales are still going well, but for how long? It isn't a matter of if they close the old store, it's a matter of when they can find the right piece of real estate where they can build bigger and better for the future.
                    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Wow, that post was longer, more disjointed and pointless than I had intended! I need some coffee.
                      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

When WSU was making its College World Series run, we were basically the home town team in Omaha (except the year CU made it).

Comment

You are dead on with the breakup line -- when the hot chick breaks up with the guy and moves on she always wants to be friends. The guy calls her a whore.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                            You are dead on with the breakup line -- when the hot chick breaks up with the guy and moves on she always wants to be friends. The guy calls her a whore.
                            Yeah, I guess. Then again, I never really had a girl dump me, and I never dumped a chick. When I was done, I didn't have the balls to break up, so I just started treating her shittier and shittier until she had to do the breaking up. I never felt dumped. Relieved, yes, dumped, no. Some were whores, some weren't. All in all, I liked the whores best of all.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                              and they were really insulting/disparaging towards indiana state.. the exact same team that blew creighton's wheels off in terre haute last year. tsk tsk

Comment

Working...
                              X