Help out a fellow Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help out a fellow Shocker

Many of you may know Max Hubbard, a great fan, friend, and longtime volunteer for Wichita State. Max has served in many volunteer capacities for the University, including Alumni Association President. He even worked as interim Director of the Association a number of years ago. He and his wife Lois have attended countless Shocker athletic, alumni, and fine arts events over their decades of fandom, not only in Wichita but across the country. They have given their hearts and souls to Wichita State! Max has been in the hospital lately and his birthday is coming up on February 20. I know that the World’s Greatest Shocker Fan (my description, not his!) would appreciate birthday cards from his fellow Shocker fans. You can send them to: Max Hubbard, 641 N. Woodlawn #54, Wichita, Kansas 67208. This would really be a great lift for a GREAT fan.
    Wear your seatbelt.

Would he prefer serious or humorous cards?
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Max has an excellent sense of humor. :good:

Comment

Originally posted by shockball
        Max has an excellent sense of humor. :good:
        That goes with out saying, he is a shocker fan.

Comment

I think humorous would probably be best.
          Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Cardiologist, wife killed in plane crash

It was just like Wichita cardiologist Ashok Bajaj to be piloting his own plane to a marathon when he died, his family said.

"He had a lot of interests," his father, Prem Bajaj, said Sunday.

"In fact, I learned a lot from him," said the elder Bajaj, a former longtime professor of mathematics and statistics at Wichita State University.
            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
              http://www.kansas.com/news/story/314741.html

Cardiologist, wife killed in plane crash

It was just like Wichita cardiologist Ashok Bajaj to be piloting his own plane to a marathon when he died, his family said.

"He had a lot of interests," his father, Prem Bajaj, said Sunday.

"In fact, I learned a lot from him," said the elder Bajaj, a former longtime professor of mathematics and statistics at Wichita State University.
              Saturday night was interesting. I had no idea what had happened until after I got home. I got a text from a friend checking on me about halftime because he'd heard there'd been a bad accident near the airport. After I dropped a friend off in Andover I couldn't take 30th as I normally would because the police had it blocked off. Saw a lot of lights down 30th as well and figured whatever it was it must have been bad since it had happened a couple hours before. They had road access blocked off from the north side of town as well down one of the roads. It wasn't until the news at 10 that we found out a plane had gone down. It was probably about a mile and a half from our house. I'm not sure when 30th was finally opened back up either. Sad times and my prayers go out to the family and friends.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Do you think he would like a framed and matted personally autographed 8"x10" black-and-white photo of myself. It could read, "To the Greatest Shox Fan in the World - All the best"..............KC Shox.

Comment

Max passed away Thursday afternoon.

Comment

Prayers to his family and friends
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Here is the link to the article in the paper for those of you who dont ever see the front page of this site and for those of you who are not familiar with this wonderful man.

Comment

Woops I forgot the link sorry about that.

Comment

Working...
                        X