Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arizona Falls to Cal 60 to 58

And then there were two.

I don't like refs stopping the game at the end like that when a team has no timeouts left to see if there should be another tenth of a second on the clock. They should have to just finish the game as is unless there is an obvious time error.
    2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
    2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
    2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
    2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
    The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

Originally posted by KBShocker View Post
      And then there were two.
      You beat me to it. I was going to start a thread titled "And then there were two". They stormed the court. I guess beating number 1 is storming the court worthy.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
        They stormed the court. I guess beating number 1 is storming the court worthy.
        One of, if not THE only, reasons a court storming is justified.
        The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by HenryMuto View Post
          I don't like refs stopping the game at the end like that when a team has no timeouts left to see if there should be another tenth of a second on the clock. They should have to just finish the game as is unless there is an obvious time error.
          Agreed. Really takes the fun out of all of it. I liked the days of buzzer-beating shots, followed by court-storming, unlike now, we have to have a 3 minute replay meeting before everything's "official".
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by HenryMuto View Post
            I've been torn on this all year. I want them to get the call right. I want them to get those OOB calls right. But it is giving teams extra timeouts.

Is there a solution to this? Make the players stand on the floor and not get coached or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
              I've been torn on this all year. I want them to get the call right. I want them to get those OOB calls right. But it is giving teams extra timeouts.

Is there a solution to this? Make the players stand on the floor and not get coached or something?
              Send them to an isolation booth.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                Send them to an isolation booth.
                Or just get 10 cones of silence on the floor?

Comment

This is a total shock to me. I watched the SU/DU game because I thought that was the one to get rid of one of the undefeated teams.

I totally ignored this one because I didn't think there was any way 'Zona would lose this one.

It's good to be one of the last 2 teams without a loss, but I'm not going to get too high on that. The Shox have their toughest stretch of the season (other than possibly SLU in St. Louis) coming up.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Or just get 10 cones of silence on the floor?
                    Nice Maxwell Smart reference.

Comment

That is what the rule "technically" is. Players have to be on the floor but as long as the coach is within the Coaching Box( which is huge) everything is good.
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Maybe players should have to stand on the floor on the half of the court in front of their opponent's bench.
                        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                          One of, if not THE only, reasons a court storming is justified.
                          How about the realization of a coach's rebuilding effort when he brings the team back from the edge of oblivion to win the conference before going to the S16? 10/10 would storm again. That was the beginning of a dynasty.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                            How about the realization of a coach's rebuilding effort when he brings the team back from the edge of oblivion to win the conference before going to the S16? 10/10 would storm again. That was the beginning of a dynasty.
                            I agree. For both of the times we won the Valley in the past decade, I've been happy to storm the court. It's justified, even when playing a non-ranked opponent each time. On the other hand, I was ecstatic last year when we beat then #17 Creighton at home and decided NOT to rush the court. That win was expected.
                            "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                            Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

Anytime you cut the nets, expect fans on the floor.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                              X