Jan 30 Lunardi bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jan 30 Lunardi bracketology

This would be fun and tickets in St. Louis would be hard to come by.

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

KU, VCU and Minnesota in the Midwest portion of the St Louis bracket

WSU, K-State and Florida State in the South portion of the St. Louis bracket.

Originally posted by ABC View Post

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

After watching KU play North Carolina in the tournament 3 years out of the last 6, I'd put decent money on the fact that WSU and KU end up in the same regional unless they end up seeded the same. The committee doesn't seem to be above arranging match ups that will drive interest.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by owenc View Post
      After watching KU play North Carolina in the tournament 3 years out of the last 6, I'd put decent money on the fact that WSU and KU end up in the same regional unless they end up seeded the same. The committee doesn't seem to be above arranging match ups that will drive interest.

Chris
      This....and wish they did it more often, frankly!

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post

Lunardi did the Shockers no favors with this bracket- IMO clearly the toughest bracket considering current rankings -

WSU (3)
        Florida (4)
        Louisville (7)
        Okla State (10)
        Creighton (20)
        St Louis (21)

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
          Lunardi did the Shockers no favors with this bracket- IMO clearly the toughest bracket considering current rankings -

WSU (3)
          Florida (4)
          Louisville (7)
          Okla State (10)
          Creighton (20)
          St Louis (21)
          I don't have a problem with that bracket, personally.
          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
            I don't have a problem with that bracket, personally.
            Given your "no problem" with this incredibly difficult bracket; I suggest you take a look at the cakewalk brackets Lunardi proposes for KU and Syracuse. Hell even Arizona has a much easier pathway to the Final 4

Comment

Well, as a card fan, I'd rather see you (or us) in another bracket. lol What is the deal with you and Kansas? Do you never schedule each other? Have you met in the tourney before? Kentucky avoided us for decades until we finally met in the tourney and then after that our legislature mandated that we play every year. I assume Kansas feels they have too much to lose to play you?

Comment

^ nailed it

Comment

Originally posted by Cuttyhunk View Post
                  Well, as a card fan, I'd rather see you (or us) in another bracket. lol What is the deal with you and Kansas? Do you never schedule each other? Have you met in the tourney before? Kentucky avoided us for decades until we finally met in the tourney and then after that our legislature mandated that we play every year. I assume Kansas feels they have too much to lose to play you?
                  The only period KU regularly scheduled WSU in the regular season was a short time period during our darkest days, and what do you know they generally owned us during that time snapshot. The two programs have only met one time in the NCAA tourney - a 1981 S16 matchup in which WSU prevailed to go on to an E8. In the grand scheme of things WSU and KU have only met on the court a handful of times essentially.

KU claims the "we'd lose money on a home-home with WSU" tact as their main defense, which is true in theory. Most WSU fans would see it as KU being scared to play WSU. Not in the horror film sort of scared, but moreover in the "if we ignore you exist then we'll never have to actually support or justify our superiority claims of being the better team in a given year" sort of worrisome vein.

We could go on to win the NC this year, and KUfan would still claim they would beat us 9.5 times out of 10, if it were numerically possible. They're sort of a groupthink, head-in-the-sand crowd.

Comment

Front page of http://espn.go.com right now.

And see students. If you make cool signage, you become front page news.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      Front page of http://espn.go.com right now.

And see students. If you make cool signage, you become front page news.
                      That's crap. Everyone knows it was just another terrible idea by the athletic department.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                        That's crap. Everyone knows it was just another terrible idea by the athletic department.
                        Gotta give credit where credit is due. Good job athletic department. Wish the good stuff would outweigh more of the bad stuff, but I digress.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I might be in a minority here , but I am thinking IF we lose even one game we don't have a chance at anything better than a 2 seed, And depending on who that one loss is too,(hopefully not a bottom dweller) and when I could see it knocking us to a 3. If we loose 2 we better hope it's ISUB at their barn and then to whoever we meet in the Lou at the championship game. even then I think it would be very likely we end up a 3 , and maybe even a 4. guess time will tell if I should be in Colorado smoking weed to make this seem realistic. ??? thoughts ??
                          From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                            Yeah, I might call KWCH and complain that the die-hards aren't on the front page instead...
                            The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

WSU (3)
                              Florida (4)
                              Louisville (7)
                              Okla State (10)
                              Creighton (20)
                              St Louis (21)
                              Only team on that list that truly concerns me is Florida, and that's only because I know the least about them. Of course, As long as Dougie is playing for CU, we can't overlook being Woodfoxed....specially if we played in St.Louis...
                              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Working...
                              X