Fake Classes at UNC Evidently Not an NCAA Violaation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake Classes at UNC Evidently Not an NCAA Violaation

CNN investigated allegations of poor reading skills among athletes at UNC. Turns out athletes were getting credits for classes they didn't take and teachers were getting paid for classes they didn't teach.

UNC investigated and found some pretty major problems with athletes and classes.

The NCAA also investigated and here's what they found:

The NCAA, which oversees college sport, did investigate, but found none of its rules were broken.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Getting credit for classes they didn't take doesn't violate NCAA rules? Shirley Ujest!

BTW, this needs to be moved to the Around the NCAA forum. Failure to do so probably is an NCAA violation.

Comment

well, it's roy williams, ku/unc guy. he's a made man. never more than a slap on the wrist for him, for life, and he knows it and he uses it.

Comment

I think it would be a violation if if was only athletes that took advantage of this opportunity, but if regular students also avail themselves, then it probably does not violate any NCAA rules.
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
          I think it would be a violation if if was only athletes that took advantage of this opportunity, but if regular students also avail themselves, then it probably does not violate any NCAA rules.
          That is a brilliant idea.

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
            Fortunately accreditation boards would see it otherwise.
            Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Are we to assume that this did not affect schoolastic eligibility or is this now waved for the holier than thou's?

Comment

Typical blue- blood bias

Comment

Look for scholarship reductions at High Point or North Carolina Central over this.

Someone must pay!
                  "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

Proof that it's about money and not academics.
                    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                      Proof that it's about money and not academics.
                      Or integrity.

Comment

I can't help but think that if this took place at a non power conference school, the hammer would be dropped.
                        ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
                        www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

ACT Fraud is rampant among Division I athletics as well.
                          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by EB 22 View Post
                            I can't help but think that if this took place at a non power conference school, the hammer would be dropped.
                            The NCAA will be so mad at UNC that they will penalize UNC-Charlotte.
                            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Did UNC borrow Calipari to help set this up?

Comment

Working...
                              X