Northern Iowa game on Febraury 8.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Iowa game on Febraury 8.....

My wife and I will be making the trip to Cedar Falls from Omaha on February 8. I've never been, and this will be my fifth MVC arena counting Koch and Creighton. A few questions. Is anyone on here going? Is Cedar Falls a cool town? Is there a Shocker fan pregame place? I know nothing of Cedar Falls. I hope most people that went to the Drake game will be attending the Northern Iowa game. Hope to hear from someone!

Originally posted by NEShox83 View Post
    Is Cedar Falls a cool town?
    It's so cool, it's sub-zero. Literally.

You could contact the Alumni Association to be the point person for a pre-game gathering if you're so inclined. It sounds like there will be plenty of Shocker fans in attendance, including @Play Angry:

Comment

Myself and a buddy are meeting our friend from Chicago there. We're staying at the Black Hawk hotel downtown. Never been to Cedar Falls, hope the long drive is worth it.

Comment

Don't wear wool, or baa like a sheep.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by NEShox83 View Post
          My wife and I will be making the trip to Cedar Falls from Omaha on February 8. I've never been, and this will be my fifth MVC arena counting Koch and Creighton. A few questions. Is anyone on here going? Is Cedar Falls a cool town? Is there a Shocker fan pregame place? I know nothing of Cedar Falls. I hope most people that went to the Drake game will be attending the Northern Iowa game. Hope to hear from someone!
          Cedar Falls is an awesome town except for snow always being on the ground. We made the drive last year as well. We spent time at a sports bar downtown before the game. I will have to look up what it was called. There were plenty of cheap hotels there. I bought 9 tickets for the game this year but it looks like at most we will use 6. PM me if someone wants 3 and I will sell it to you at cost unless you want to do stubhub as the game is sold out.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I already have tickets. If you figure out a place to go, PM me. It would be great to hang with other fans before the game.

Comment

I will be there with three others.

Comment

Mrs 526 and I will be there. If there is a pregame hangout place I'd like to join as well.

Comment

Working...
                X