Shocker record poll--end of January edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker record poll--end of January edition

Midway through the Valley season, what do you think our record will be heading into March madness?
    31-0
    51.72%
    30-1
    39.08%
    29-2
    6.90%
    28-3 or worse
    2.30%

The poll is expired.

Shocker Nation, NYC

29-2?

I see either Doug Haller, Kelly Hines, Matt McCoy, Bret Strelow, Ron Morris, Doug Gottlieb, or Gary Parrish signed up for an account on Shockernet.net so they could vote. Weird that they didn't select 28-3 or worse.

Comment

Reaper, rpiforecast gives a 32% chance of 31-0, 42% chance of 30-1, and 25% chance of 29-2. All 3 are legitimate possibilities.

This site has become infested with a disdain for anyone not pumping the Shox as the greatest team of all time. I'm exagerating when I say that, but only a little.

In case it matters, I voted 30-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
        This site has become infested with a disdain for anyone not pumping the Shox as the greatest team of all time. I'm exagerating when I say that, but only a little.
        Pretty sure that's what's supposed to happen on the fan message board of a 22-0 team. There is also supposed to be some delta bravo that keeps trying to ground everyone with numbers.

So I think things are working great around here.

Comment

Look at everyone who is jumping on the undefeated bandwagon.

<-------only person to vote undefeated on every poll.

Comment

It isn't the overwhelming optimism that bothers me. It is the arrogant condescending attitude of "you aren't a true fan" towards anyone who dares to temper their expectations.

Comment

I voted 30-1. Hope I'm wrong because 31-0 has become really possible.

We have yet to see how the team responds to a loss. Will it mess up chemistry if we lose at ISUb. 0-2 on that trip is by no means impossible. Otoh get through that road trip unscathed and hard to see any other loss.
              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

I voted 29-2 so as not to piss off the basketball gods and create an anamolous ripple in the great expanse of the college basketball universe. Very scientific I tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                  Pretty sure that's what's supposed to happen on the fan message board of a 22-0 team. There is also supposed to be some delta bravo that keeps trying to ground everyone with numbers.

So I think things are working great around here.
                  + 9 quintillion.

Does any math geeks no how many zeros that is?
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                    Reaper, rpiforecast gives a 32% chance of 31-0, 42% chance of 30-1, and 25% chance of 29-2. All 3 are legitimate possibilities.

In case it matters, I voted 30-1.
                    Of course that is an exaggeration. I think you are also confusing some of the exuberance for frustration about the double and triple standards being used vs the Shockers by national pundits and basketball fans.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                      Of course that is an exaggeration. I think you are also confusing some of the exuberance for frustration about the double and triple standards being used vs the Shockers by national pundits and basketball fans.
                      The funny thing about your last statement is that I have several friends from OUTSIDE Kansas who are quite impressed with the Shockers and willing to give them their dues without any 'buts'....but to be fair, none are media types.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                        No ABC, I’m not talking about double and triple standards. I agree they are out there and will even spend time using numbers to prove the stupidity of certain national writers at times.

I’m talking about poster’s who can’t put up with differing opinions. Not everyone with a different opinion is using a double standard, and the whole “you disagree with me, therefore, you are an ass” attitude annoys me. An abundance of enthusiastic fans is one thing. An abundance of enthusiastic fans running around slamming anyone with a different opinion is another.

Comment

I personally welcome differing opinions.

However, when a poster constantly plays the "the numbers prove WSU isn't as good" card, it gets equally as annoying.

When I can predict what and when a certain poster is gonna chime in on something, that's usually a sign you're equally as bad, just on the opposite end of the spectrum.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                            The funny thing about your last statement is that I have several friends from OUTSIDE Kansas who are quite impressed with the Shockers and willing to give them their dues without any 'buts'....but to be fair, none are media types.
                            There are plenty of other fans giving WSU props. But I've work with college basketball fans outside of Kansas who have not done that, to be charitable.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              I personally welcome differing opinions.

However, when a poster constantly plays the "the numbers prove WSU isn't as good" card, it gets equally as annoying.

When I can predict what and when a certain poster is gonna chime in on something, that's usually a sign you're equally as bad, just on the opposite end of the spectrum.
                              ShockerFever, if I made a bunch of positive posts about WSU, defending them against media criticism, comparing them to elite teams of past years using numbers that look favorably on WSU’s resume, would that satisfy your complaint?

Comment

Working...
                              X