Venting about internet crap and dribble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venting about internet crap and dribble

With all of the Shockers’ success, it brings more attention and comments. Many of the comments are really starting to irritate me. (a lot of comments follow all of the national articles) Rather than provide fodder for diqueheads on other message boards, I need to vent.

Thanks in advance for your indulgence.

1. WSU is a flash in the pan. What Shiite! Counting this season, in the last 11 seasons, WSU has finished first or second in the MVC all but three times. (The transition seasons from Turgeon to Marshall). NIT championship to a #5 seed to a Final Four to a #1,2 or 3 seed is hardly a flash.
    2. WSU had an easy path to the Final Four (of course KenPom says it was the toughest in the last 11 years.)
    3. Gonzaga was the weakest #1 seed ever (crap)
    4. Gonzaga went on the road to play anyone anywhere (that’s more crap)
    5. No one on the national stage cares about WSU (yea right)
    6. KU pounded WSU in that series for years and WSU raised the white flag (of course untrue)
    7. WSU’s weak schedule this year (as has been discussed on Shockernet and folks like Lunardi’s WSU OCC was not weak)
    8. WSU has been to three tournaments in in the last 25 years. (or 3 in 8 years, if you don’t cherry pick years)
    9. Real coaches don’t pay attention to the polls. (sure)

21-0
    β€œLet your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

@ABC:, I share your frustration. I access twitter through TweetDeck and I have a feed that searches for all WSU-related tweets. And aside from linked articles, most of it is "hate" toward our schedule or style of play, especially from KU fans. I've engaged a couple of the ignoramuses who appeared to be able to form coherent sentences in an attempt to correct their misconceptions that Tennessee is the only decent team we've played and we haven't played any ranked teams. But for the most part, I've finally learned to ignore most of them.

Comment

I hate to say this, but I've found that adopting a similarly arrogant attitude shuts my KU friends up faster than anything else. Don't humor them. They aren't interested in rational discussion, so don't give it to them. I just laugh at them, tell them how stupid they sound, and tell them that if they ever feel like having a two sided discussion then I might take them seriously. As soon as you try to argue with them you've already lost.

Comment

ABC, not to worry! Real simple solution. Everything you read here on SN, or Twitter is magnified to the umpteenth degree. Chat boards are frequented by maybe 20 "regular" posters. What are WSU and KU's fanbase? Hundreds of thousands to millions. Life is too short to let a "HANDFULL" of people get under your skin. Royalshock, I'm on Twitter all the time. Everyone is a journalist and everyone is looking for a angle/story. I know ahole WSU, KU CU fans but guess what? There are maybe only 4 or 5 of them from each school and I know a lot of people. That means 99.95% of those fanbases are cool with me.
          Chill and enjoy the season!

Comment

β€œLet your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
            -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Good thread and good points ABC, but where's the dribble?

Signed
              ShockFev
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Good thread. Though I'm not sure citing a NIT anything bolsters your argument.

Comment

Originally posted by chemhawk View Post
                  He's BAAAAAAACKKK
                  The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by kochHead View Post

I would love a shocker shirt with this on the back.

Comment

It's not that we won the NIT. It's how we did it and the fact that there wasn't an ounce of difference between us, UCONN and VCU that year.

Comment

Originally posted by kochHead View Post
                        Should be carved in granite at the front door of CKA and painted on the floor.
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Exhibit A

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                            It's not that we won the NIT. It's how we did it and the fact that there wasn't an ounce of difference between us, UCONN and VCU that year.
                            That same VCUTeam that beat us by 1 beat KU by 10 at the dance...
                            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post
                              I would love a shocker shirt with this on the back.
                              The only T shirts we ought to be making going forward need only be final 4 T shirts.

WSU needs to stop with the T shirts.
                              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                              X