Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did WSU lose money by going to the final four?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did WSU lose money by going to the final four?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmi...to-final-four/ These guys say we did
    Last edited by kcshocker11; January 27, 2014, 05:35 PM.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

We lost money in the fact that we had to pay money to send the team to Atlanta, it's really just a sensationalist headline that doesn't mean anything. As for the university and maybe the basketball team itself, the Final Four brought in hundreds of millions of dollars, which is more than it cost to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
      We lost money in the fact that we had to pay money to send the team to Atlanta, it's really just a sensationalist headline that doesn't mean anything. As for the university and maybe the basketball team itself, the Final Four brought in hundreds of millions of dollars, which is more than it cost to get there.
      I don't doubt that the Final Four brought in millions. Curious to see the actual cost breakdown along with the University's projected revenue. Apologize if this has already been posted.

Comment

I thought tournament teams were compensated by the NCAA for their travel expenses--on top of the stipend per game played that is paid out to the conference.
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
          I thought tournament teams were compensated by the NCAA for their travel expenses--on top of the stipend per game played that is paid out to the conference.
          I thought so too, I believe they told us which hotel to stay in and when we had to check out by.

Comment

Originally posted by bunck View Post
            I thought so too, I believe they told us which hotel to stay in and when we had to check out by.
            There could also be a timing issue with the expenses, I.e we paid them I. One accounting period and got reimbursed in the next.
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I sure as heck lost money on that Final Four. And I can't wait to do it all over again!!
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
                I don't doubt that the Final Four brought in millions. Curious to see the actual cost breakdown along with the University's projected revenue. Apologize if this has already been posted.
                Simple accounting won't account for (heh) the long term financial gains.

Comment

Well, of COURSE we lost money! Those dorms to house all the new students don't build themselves!

These are the kind of articles that read like, "Nice forest. Wish there were some trees here, though."

Comment

Similar arguments are said all the time about the BCS bowl systems. I can't imagine it's anything more than wonky accounting.

Comment

SEXTOOOOOOOON!!!!!

Comment

We should skip it then this year

Comment

Creighton must be banking a small empire.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            Creighton must be banking a small empire.
                            LMAO!!
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                              SEXTOOOOOOOON!!!!!
                              Pie exposed as Cold's pseudonym...

Comment

Working...
                              X