Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU's Feelings Hurt (re Gregg's Comments)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSU's Feelings Hurt (re Gregg's Comments)

Upset about Marshall's comments.
    Trying to get the Phog to join in.
    Crazy how insecure they are...
    http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=175

Excuse my ignorance, but what did Marshall say regarding MSU?
    The Assman

Comment

"Did the mighty Spartans lose again" was asked by Marshall as he left the Drake post game interview.
      Two separate threads on the Phog and the Spartans rival message board.

Comment

I don't think it was for public consumption. I think he should be a bit more careful, but really, who cares?

I wonder if MSU and WSU meet in the tournament if Izzo will game plan that comment by Marshall. Jeez, why is everyone so freaking sensitive?

Comment

Because the schools that consider themselves "elite" and "above us" expect us to genuflect at the mere mention of their name.
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
            I forget whether it was after the Drake game, but Marshall was questioning what elite program was going to bypass the Shockers this Monday. He said something like, "Did the mighty Spartans lose again!?" He knew they had lost.

The Spartan fans are predictability upset about it. Some of their comments from the message board:

"This from the pride of the Missouri Valley conference, and a coach whose team won't play a regular season game against an opponent who even SNIFFS a national ranking. LOVE to get this group in March."
            "HaHa funny they would be lucky to finish 500 in the big ten or any major conference for that matter"
            "I made a post about this on the Kansas board. They are extremely knowledgable fans and are already well aware Marshall is a douche. I hope either we or Kansas throttle them if they get out of the first weekend. Izzo I am sure will hear about this comment."
            "Either Kansas or MSU would jailsex the Shockers. Neutral court with all hands on deck MSU/ Kansas would be pick-em."
            "I really like watching Fred VanVleet play, sucks he plays for an idiot."

Comment

So....they're saying they are NOT the mighty Spartans?

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                As I recall it was (roughly) "Did the mighty Spartans lose another one?"

While I appreciate Marshall's candor and his playing the "I can't get no respect" card, he just gave motivation to any team in the B1G the Shox might run into in the postseason.

I love Maarshll's attitude, but I think it's time for him to reel it in a bit in interviews. While our players are getting known as humble, our coach is getting known as arrogant and abrasive.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Did something happen between the teams when we played the Spartans in 08? That would be my only guess as to why Marshall would make a comment like this.

Comment

Hopefully, he is doing this for a competitive reason.... Otherwise, most folks making the kind of money HCGM makes wouldn't bother making such statements.

Comment

LMAO

Lots of sensitive people in this world I'm finding out. Heck plenty of sensitive people post on this site. My view of it all? Too many people some how manifest self esteem from the accomplishments of college age men who happen to play for the team they root for. Be it KU fans, WSU fans, or MSU fans...get a life people, get over it.

As far as Marshall's comments. Look at it from his point of view, he went to a final four last year, his team has won 21 straight since and yet he has to entertain retarded questions about whether or not he thinks they can beat elite teams. I think the MSU comment was simply a dig at the idea of what an elite team is compared to WSU by the ignorant rather than a dig at MSU specifically. Emotion/Pride however will take over and Marshall/WSU will be hated.

F them and for F sake please stop going to KU's site and reporting back the happenings. Why do you people give two shats about anything on there? I have made a big time effort this year to ignore all that crap, post much less on this site and others, and just enjoy college basketball for what it is. Young amazing athletes playing a sport that is entertaining to watch. Quit using it as a device to pump up your own self worth and it becomes much more enjoyable. Otherwise you will end up like DJA, posting on 50 different boards in a single day trying to make sure everyone knows just how sweet his shat smells.

Comment

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

My how thin-skinned the mighty have become with all these up-and-comers blazin' trails in the tournament.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

These morons don't realize the comments have nothing to do with Michigan State's program and everything to do with the sportswriters who continue to downplay the Shockers.
                          You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                            As I recall it was (roughly) "Did the mighty Spartans lose another one?"

While I appreciate Marshall's candor and his playing the "I can't get no respect" card, he just gave motivation to any team in the B1G the Shox might run into in the postseason.

I love Maarshll's attitude, but I think it's time for him to reel it in a bit in interviews. While our players are getting known as humble, our coach is getting known as arrogant and abrasive.
                            I totally agree. Pride comes before destruction, and a boastful spirit comes before a fall. Not sure why Marshall said this. He also made some comments about Villanova during the coaches show last Monday, so I agree he needs to chill.

Comment

To be fair, everyone else in the country is talking trash before we lose. Marshall is waiting until after other teams lose to dish.

Comment

Working...
                              X