X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Makes the cut

Cleanthony Early make the final 25 for the Wooden Award

Here is the link to the list:

The Wooden Award Midseason Top 25, released Wednesday, features a variety of standout athletes who remain in the running to win the national honor at the end of the season.

Originally posted by calfan View Post
    Cleanthony Early make the final 25 for the Wooden Award

Here is the link to the list:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...rd-list-cut-25
    LOL at Craft and no FVV.

Watch some basketball, folks.

Comment

Fred is as deserving as Early. If I had to choose, I may go with FVV.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Fred will have his day

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
          LOL at Craft and no FVV.

Watch some basketball, folks.
          FVV can still make the list.

"Embiid and other players who are not on the midseason list can still earn slots among the 15 finalists, which will be announced March 8. Players must make the list of finalists to win."

Comment

Fred much more deserving right now. Having said that and CE IS on the list I
            sure hope he raises his three point shooting close to 40% and his rebounds
            close to ten a game because if he DOES he might become a serious contender
            for the top ten AND, more importantly, carry our Shocks to the F8 or F4.

I've heard NBA scouts think Embiid will go #1 with Wiggins going #2. Wonder why
            Embiid didn't even make the cut.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
              I've heard NBA scouts think Embiid will go #1 with Wiggins going #2. Wonder why
              Embiid didn't even make the cut.
              Probably because the award is not based on NBA potential. There are many players in the country averaging 11 and 7.

Comment

I think these awards become self-fulfilling prophecies, somewhat like the Heisman used to be - giving it to the guy who may not have been undoubtedly the best, but he put up some great numbers, the team may or may not have done that well in postseason play, but he's paid his dues, so what the hell? For example, and not to pile on Creighton for the sake of piling on them, Doug McDermott will probably win the Wooden Award this year. Is he one of the best players in the country? Absolutely. But is he the best or most valuable? Not likely. He'll still win because that's what's supposed to happen and voters get fed rhetoric all season long, year after year, by the talking heads, coaches, etc.

Here's another example - Valley POY. Cleanthony will probably win the award this year, but who should win it at this point? Van Vleet,IMO. Statistically, he's better and he has emerged as the general of our team and far and away the most consistent player for us. Early has had some outstanding games and will win POY because that's what's supposed to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
                  I think these awards become self-fulfilling prophecies, somewhat like the Heisman used to be - giving it to the guy who may not have been undoubtedly the best, but he put up some great numbers, the team may or may not have done that well in postseason play, but he's paid his dues, so what the hell? For example, and not to pile on Creighton for the sake of piling on them, Doug McDermott will probably win the Wooden Award this year. Is he one of the best players in the country? Absolutely. But is he the best or most valuable? Not likely. He'll still win because that's what's supposed to happen and voters get fed rhetoric all season long, year after year, by the talking heads, coaches, etc.

Here's another example - Valley POY. Cleanthony will probably win the award this year, but who should win it at this point? Van Vleet,IMO. Statistically, he's better and he has emerged as the general of our team and far and away the most consistent player for us. Early has had some outstanding games and will win POY because that's what's supposed to happen.
                  Hey-oooooooooooooh!!!!!!!
                  ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
                  www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

If Odum beats out FVV this year ....
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                      Having said that and CE IS on the list I
                      sure hope he raises his three point shooting close to 40% and his rebounds
                      close to ten a game because if he DOES he might become a serious contender…
                      Early will not shoot close to 40% from 3 or get close to 10 boards again. I think his ceiling is 36% and 8. 17 and 7 gets him on an AA team of some kind in my opinion.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

I love Cleanthony and think he's deserving of being on that list. However, if you asked anyone associated with the team they'd tell you that Fred has been the MVP this year.

Comment

Another nice achievement for Cle.

Comment

Fred deserves individual awards more than any other Shocker. His play thus far has been amazing. Sad he didn't join Early on the mid-season list.

Comment

Cleanthony played tonight like he deserved.
                              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Working...
                              X