Valley Tourney seeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valley Tourney seeding

As of right now its pretty much a lock that were going to be playing in the play in game. If we beat UNI we could possibly get out of playing on thursday, but i really doubt it, we would virtually have to win the rest of our valley games, which i do not see. But to my point, right now we our sitting in 9th place, which we would play in the 8-9 match up, i could see, if we go on a run late in the year getting possibly up to the 7 seed, which we would play evansville. But i think i would rather stay in the 8-9 game, cause if we win that we play Drake, I think we match up way better against them. I dont think playing Ill state would be a good match up for us. Discuss
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

A long way to go and a lot can (and will) happen between now and March 1. 8)
    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Right now they are all bad matchups for us, but like 'Ref said, there is a long way to go between now and then.

The one really nice thing is that for the first time in a long time, we are likely to have fan support from more than just ShockerNation come tourney time, and that would be fun.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

It'd be almost impossible to get out of Thursday at this point. Either way, I'll be there and hoping for a win or two. We're currently looking into hotels. I know, we should have had that done by now....

I'd definitely rather play Drake than ISU despite what the records say. And CU could still end up 2nd. There's still way too much basketball left to know who will be where except for Drake and Evansville.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

If we do make some miracle run in the tourney, I wanna another Shot at Creighton sooooo bad. With Matty B in uni, i think we might get em next time.
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Creighton definitely should not want to play us in St. Louis, especially now that we have Braeuer.

Comment

I would rather play Drake than Ill St too.

Comment

Normally I leave after work on Thursday so I can get to St. Louis late Thursday night....I went ahead and requested all day Thursday off over a month ago. I don't want to miss the Shock's only game in St. Louis. I think I might be able to actually have more fun in St. Louis this year. I'll be going expecting to lose, with no chance of us winning anything. Of course, if we happen to win that will be an added bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose
                  Normally I leave after work on Thursday so I can get to St. Louis late Thursday night....I went ahead and requested all day Thursday off over a month ago. I don't want to miss the Shock's only game in St. Louis. I think I might be able to actually have more fun in St. Louis this year. I'll be going expecting to lose, with no chance of us winning anything. Of course, if we happen to win that will be an added bonus.
                  Maybe things will work the opposite way for us this year. Im going in with no expectations so who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by wxkid23
                    Originally posted by martymoose
                    Maybe things will work the opposite way for us this year. Im going in with no expectations so who knows.
                    Maybe we can hire Suge Knight and pull a NC State?!?!?!

PEACE TO TUPAC!

Comment

Serioiusly, it's a down year in the valley, now what team - if we played are best - can we simply not beat. I can't think of anyone. Not that we will, but I won't be conceding any game in the tourny, including all mighty Drake.

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me
                        Serioiusly, it's a down year in the valley, now what team - if we played are best - can we simply not beat. I can't think of anyone. Not that we will, but I won't be conceding any game in the tourny, including all mighty Drake.
                        Any other year that would be laced with sarcasm, but it still just kinda sounds weird to say it and it actually mean something.

Comment

I think how well we are prepared and how we are playing will be more important than who we will be playing. After all, if we win we will end up playing the best teams anyway.

Comment

Working...
                          X