Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12 hour modicum of good vibes towards sCUm thread (ends 11:59pm 1/20/14)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 hour modicum of good vibes towards sCUm thread (ends 11:59pm 1/20/14)

sCUm can do SOMETHING worthwhile in their less than stellar basketball history by beating Villanova in South Philly tonight.
    sCUm's win will help negate continued upward movement by 'Nova which will assist the SHOX and potentially WSU's seeding.

Can Shocker faithful embrace the adage "enemy of my enemy is my friend" and support sCUm for this one game?
    Can Shocker faithful support the fact that the former #2 team in the MoValley can share 1st place in the faux big East with a win?
    Will sCUm faithful that attend the game actually leave Philly, or will they relocate to Philadelphia and permanently join the Mummers Parade?

Villanova and Creighton, the top two teams in the Big East, will battle for the top spot in the conference on Monday night.

It's on Fox Sports 1 which averages 7,572 viewers which unforunately is still beating ESPN3 and the WSU feeds (come on Sexton!). Fox Sports 1 is taking a financial beating on overpaying for faux big East basketball.

Big Apple Buckets had a great dive into the 2012-13 ratings for nationally televised college basketball games this morning, complete with a spreadsheet of the top-100 teams in regards to rankings. …
    Last edited by Veritas; January 20, 2014, 03:37 PM.

I'm not rooting for CU to win, but rather 'Nova to lose.
    The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
      This. Words sCUm and win can't be used in a sentence by me. But I do want Nova to lose and I will leave it at that lol
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I want NOVA to win. Screw CU!

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
          I think I can pull this off with a lot of alcohol. I make no promises.

Comment

I'd be happy with either result honestly, although Nova going down is more useful to us today.

Comment

2-5 really make no difference to me, so currently I couldn't really care less about jumping Nova in the polls right now, because they'll lose eventually in the conference I think.

Do either of the teams have similar opponents with us that would affect our RPI? Cause that's what matters to me, not the polls. I want whomever helps our RPI to win, if it's erroneous, then go Nova!
              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Sorry. Just get bring myself down that low. Nova will eventually trip up at some other point. I'll root for them to lose then. We have business to take care of this week on the road anyways.

This is all a moot point because I feel sCUm is gonna get thoroughly embarrassed anyways.

What channel is this crap on again?
                Last edited by ShockerFever; January 20, 2014, 04:01 PM.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                  I think I can pull this off with a lot of alcohol. I make no promises.
                  Just cover up the CU logo and tell yourself they are playing someone else.

I think it was the great George Costanza that said: "It's not a lie, if you believe it."
                  The Assman

Comment

I have no problem hoping CU wins

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                      I have no problem hoping CU wins
                      That is a problem.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        Sorry. Just get bring myself down that low. Nova will eventually trip up at some other point. I'll root for them to lose then. We have business to take care of this week on the road anyways.

This is all a moot point because I feel sCUm is gonna get thoroughly embarrassed anyways.

What channel is this crap on again?
                        It's on Fox Sports 1 Fever, but I haven't a clue whether I even have that channel. It's not something in which I'd pay extra since it mainly covers the faux big East.

Comment

This is sort of a no lose sitiation. Let the chips fall where they may.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                            It's on Fox Sports 1 Fever, but I haven't a clue whether I even have that channel. It's not something in which I'd pay extra since it mainly covers the faux big East.
                            Pretty sure FS1 is included in the sports and info packet on Cox, if that's what people have. If you have ESPNU on cox, you have FS1.
                            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Often times when sitting down and watching a game I'm not really sure who I will root for until my gut tells me after the tip. This isn't one of those times. Screw sCUm. I can't ever root for them. Ever!

Comment

Working...
                              X