Cheese Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheese Johnson

It was great to see Cheese Johnson at the game today. By the way, for those of you youngsters who don’t know any better, Cheese Johnson is NOT a fungus on your willie. No, in fact Cheese Johnson happens to be one of the all time greatest Shockers to grace Levitt Arena back in the late 70’s.
    Here are a couple little know facts about Cheese Johnson.
    1)Cheese was one of the first guys on the national scene to try to copy my patented stab step, rubber neck juke, explosive cross-over dribble that leaves a defender with a soiled panty and a badly sprained ankle which I invented back in the early 70’s. At first I was a little upset but as they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
    2)When Gene Smithson first took over in 1978, he was not impressed with Cheese Johnson and was prepared to cut him from the team. Luckily, Ray Shirley convinced Gene that if he did that, he would be forever remembered as "The Coach Who Cut The Cheese".
    I invented the cross-over dribble in the early 70's

We need cold brought back. Please @_kai_: can Cold come out and play?
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
      We need cold brought back. Please @_kai_: can Cold come out and play?
      Idk, we've done so well without him..

He is quite fun though!
      The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Shoelace View Post
        It was great to see Cheese Johnson at the game today. By the way, for those of you youngsters who don’t know any better, Cheese Johnson is NOT a fungus on your willie. No, in fact Cheese Johnson happens to be one of the all time greatest Shockers to grace Levitt Arena back in the late 70’s.
        Here are a couple little know facts about Cheese Johnson.
        1)Cheese was one of the first guys on the national scene to try to copy my patented stab step, rubber neck juke, explosive cross-over dribble that leaves a defender with a soiled panty and a badly sprained ankle which I invented back in the early 70’s. At first I was a little upset but as they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
        2)When Gene Smithson first took over in 1978, he was not impressed with Cheese Johnson and was prepared to cut him from the team. Luckily, Ray Shirley convinced Gene that if he did that, he would be forever remembered as "The Coach Who Cut The Cheese".
        On the Tyrone Shoelace Crossover Dribble Scale, how would Cheese's crossover rate?
        "If you're going to do it, you're going to do it right," athletic director Jim Schaus said. "If we're going to put 'Wichita State' across our chest, then every team is going to matter."

Comment

Cheese was a solid 5. He was smooth and could put a step on his defender but didn't possess the quickness to leave his defender with sprained ankle. A better rubber neck juke would have helped as well.

Comment

I love the crossover analyzation Tyrone. This may have been already asked of you, but in your mind, other than you, what five players have the best cross over in the game?

Comment

shocks771, there is only 1 person who EVER came close to my patented cross-over dribble, Tim Hardaway!
              Honorable mention, James Gibbs, Joe Griffin, and Mo Cheeks.
              Worst pretender, Allen Iverson.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Shoelace View Post
                shocks771, there is only 1 person who EVER came close to my patented cross-over dribble, Tim Hardaway!
                Honorable mention, James Gibbs, Joe Griffin, and Mo Cheeks.
                Worst pretender, Allen Iverson.
                No Fridge?

Comment

One of the best crossovers I ever saw was Pearl Washington. He kept the ball so low to the ground. The guy was not a good shooter and an average athlete but man was he fun to watch.

Comment

And Ray Shirley ends up getting cut...by himself.

Comment

Working...
                    X