No announcement yet.

Coach Marshall interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parsons point was represented at the end of his commentary.

He was saying the win was more than Matts return or Pj stepping up. Even though those things should be commended and brought up there was alot more to it.

Comment

The part that made me wonder is when he said something along the lines of "even Bobby Knight may have said he went too far" or something to that effect. That makes it sound as though he thought Marshall went over board. At least that's how I took it. For the most part I wasn't sure what he was getting at. But that line made me wonder.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Parson takes pride in his "ability" to recognize strengths and weaknesses in coaches, even going so far as to "share" the fact that MT would admit to him that he had some growing up to do.

I'm not a big fan, but I'm sure you already knew that...
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
          And we need to keep in mind that after seven years of Turgeon, a lot of coaches will seem harsh by contrast.

Would you need more than one hand to count the number of Turgeon's tirades in that span?
          [RDR sorry in advance]

Yeah, he would just pout.

Comment

I thought that this was a very good interview by Bruce. I'm not a big Bruce fan. I cringe when he calls the games on TV but he asked some good questions.

Comment

We all can be criticizing the Sports Center guys all day, but none of it compares to the lame Kake Sports show thing. I like Sports Sunday and even their parting shots.

Comment

I haven't watched KAKE in a long time because of those guys.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef
                  There is a reason Jeffrey Parsons is a writer and on the sidelines. His diatribe last night helped anyone wondering why the "Oprahfication of America" is as bad as any increase in gas prices.
                  Hey Jeffie,
                  It's big time D1 basketball, not biddy ball over at the 'Y'. When certain individuals continue doing things they have told NOT to on numerous occasions, a more direct approach becomes necessary.
                  It may have made you feel good to second guess the 'direct approach' but until you coach a few teams, get a few 'W's under your belt and enjoy some success, your opinion remains irrelevant. Until then, the only thing you'll generate with your dribble is more gas - but not the kind we need. 8)
                  I'm confused ....again.

What does J. Parsons have to do with the Hrtle-Coach Marshall interview.

Are the comments by Parsons available somewhere?

Maybe, if I watched local channels, I would not be asking these questions.

Comment

The most memorable comment made by Coach Marshall in the interview is as follows:

"We are going to have 7-8 new scholarship players next year."

Hyperbole? I dunno.

Sometimes, Coach Marshall makes a comment, which does not adhere to strict PC or CS protocol. While not a problem today, I am wondering, if it will become a problem in the future. Just wondering.

PC = Politically correct
                    CS = Coach speak

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
                      Originally posted by ShockRef
                      There is a reason Jeffrey Parsons is a writer and on the sidelines. His diatribe last night helped anyone wondering why the "Oprahfication of America" is as bad as any increase in gas prices.
                      Hey Jeffie,
                      It's big time D1 basketball, not biddy ball over at the 'Y'. When certain individuals continue doing things they have told NOT to on numerous occasions, a more direct approach becomes necessary.
                      It may have made you feel good to second guess the 'direct approach' but until you coach a few teams, get a few 'W's under your belt and enjoy some success, your opinion remains irrelevant. Until then, the only thing you'll generate with your dribble is more gas - but not the kind we need. 8)
                      I'm confused ....again.

What does J. Parsons have to do with the Hrtle-Coach Marshall interview.

Are the comments by Parsons available somewhere?

Maybe, if I watched local channels, I would not be asking these questions.
                      I believe Ref was talking about the "Parting Shots" segment on there.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

He appears to speak more freely than his predecessor, but I believe his words are still carefully chosen.
                        Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Originally posted by wsu789
                          He appears to speak more freely than his predecessor, but I believe his words are still carefully chosen.
                          :yes:
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I think Coach has been working on the fans in two ways.

1) He is not Coach Turgeon, and is getting tired of hearing about him.

2) He appreciates the loyalty we have shown to the current players and program as a whole during this season, but wants us to understand he is just as frustrated as we are, and wants to get players to play his system so he can be successful, for himself and for all the fans that come out every game.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
                              The most memorable comment made by Coach Marshall in the interview is as follows:

"We are going to have 7-8 new scholarship players next year."

Hyperbole? I dunno.

Sometimes, Coach Marshall makes a comment, which does not adhere to strict PC or CS protocol. While not a problem today, I am wondering, if it will become a problem in the future. Just wondering.

PC = Politically correct
                              CS = Coach speak
                              I take 7-8 to mean the 4 recruits, AJ, EO, and one or two more. So it's the number isn't that suprising.

Comment

Working...
                              X