SHOCKER HALL OF FAME INDUCTION CEREMONY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHOCKER HALL OF FAME INDUCTION CEREMONY

I hope everyone will make a special effort to hang around for what will be IMHO a very memorable and emotional halftime ceremony as Robert Elmore, Joe Stevens, Jason Perez, Lynn Duncan, Todd Driefort and Lisa Hodgson are inducted into the Shocker Sports Hall of Fame.

I think all a very deserving of this recognition and in most, if not all, cases have had to wait far too long for this honor to be bestowed. But that is all in the past now I hope you will join me in honoring these Shocker greats.

I realize I am more or less preaching to the choir here but perhaps you can encourage those around you to hang in there for the induction ceremonies.

I kind of wish they would have done this between the men's and women's game, pushed the women's gametime back 45 minutes, and thereby having more time to do the induction well. That might have encouraged some fans that usually leave early to remain and perhaps more than a handful would then decide to stay for the ladies. Halftime is tough because (1) it is short (twelve minutes of the 20 allows only 120 seconds for each inductee -- heck, the applause should last that long), (2) people have weak bladders, (3) concessions are crowded, and (4) people are creatures of habit and many ALWAYS go out at halftime.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
      I kind of wish they would have done this between the men's and women's game, pushed the women's gametime back 45 minutes, and thereby having more time to do the induction well. That might have encouraged some fans that usually leave early to remain and perhaps more than a handful would then decide to stay for the ladies. Halftime is tough because (1) it is short (twelve minutes of the 20 allows only 120 seconds for each inductee -- heck, the applause should last that long), (2) people have weak bladders, (3) concessions are crowded, and (4) people are creatures of habit and many ALWAYS go out at halftime.
      Yes, all good points. Although holding it after the men's game also risks having people leaving in large numbers as well. Perhaps in addition to handing out T-Shirts appropriate for each sections color assignment they could also pass out some Depends.

Comment

I love how the crowd gave the Elmore family a standing ovation and a lot of love

Comment

Anybody know if there's a video of the ceremony out there? Jason Perez was my favorite Shocker as a kid (still is) and would be cool to see the crowd reception for him and the others.

Comment

Got give Shocker fans a lot of credit today. The crowd staying in the arena proper for the HOF ceremonies was very good in all respects.

Comment

I watched the game this morning and heard Len Elmore say, after viewing a interview clip of Robert, that it was the first time he had heard his voice since his passing. I hope the Athletic Department provides the Elmore family with whatever clips of Robert are available.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Working...
              X