DJ Bowles Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJ Bowles Question?

Pardon my ignorance, if this has been discussed elsewhere...

...but has DJ decided to transfer out of the program?

I don't recall seeing him on the bench the past few games.
    The Assman

He's returning today. Went back home for the Holiday break.
    If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

I think he's been home for holidays.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Ah, thanks.

Going further though, does anyone know what his plans are after this season? (Will he transfer out or remain part of the program)
        The Assman

Comment

I don't know, but Marshall had mentioned in interviews he wishes DJ would stay on with the program and coach.

It's his life, but the kid would be a fool to pass that up if that offer is still on the table, on top of the university honoring his scholarship for 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
            I don't know, but Marshall had mentioned in interviews he wishes DJ would stay on with the program and coach.

It's his life, but the kid would be a fool to pass that up if that offer is still on the table, on top of the university honoring his scholarship for 4 years.
            I agree. It is a great opportunity to learn from one of the best.

However, if he wants to try and fulfill his dream and play college ball (and some program will clear him), I can't say I would blame him.

I feel for the young man.
            The Assman

Comment

If you want to take a "make lemonade" approach, Bowles has an opportunity to get a free college education while working alongside Marshall, Jans, Heiar, and Forbes for 4 years.

Then I bet he could get 2 more as a graduate assistant and end up with a Masters in Sports Administration and 6 years experience with a lot of basketball coaching talent. He could have a shot at being an Assistant Coach at a decent D1 school when he's 24 years old.

If he is interested in coaching as a career, he's got a great opportunity. If coaching really isn't his career goal, I expect he would transfer to be closer to home.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

After a long and illustrious career at Wichita State, with multiple NCAA appearances and wins, retiring as the all time winningest coach at WSU, Gregg Marshall will be replaced by long time assistant coach, DJ Bowles. DJ will be the youngest head coach ever at Wichita State being 31 years old.

Comment

After a long and illustrious career at Wichita State, with multiple NCAA appearances and wins, retiring as the all time winningest coach at WSU, Gregg Marshall will be replaced by long time assistant coach, DJ Bowles. DJ will be the youngest head coach ever at Wichita State being 31 years old.
                  If that happens, Devlin Court is going to have a new name.

Comment

I'm kind of hoping Matt B. or Ryan Martin make it back here at some point, as assistants, as it would be silly to speculate about them as head coaches until they have a lot more coaching experience.
                    Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

If I had to sing up for this right now, I would take it.

Another 13 years of Marshall, while he develops he's clone.
                      The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        If coaching really isn't his career goal, I expect he would transfer to be closer to home.
                        Even if coaching isn't a career goal for D.J. he has a full ride for 4-years to pursue pretty much any thing he likes. That will be tough to replace.

Comment

Working...
                        X