Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What H/H Series Would You Like To See (excluding KU/KSU)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What H/H Series Would You Like To See (excluding KU/KSU)?

With discussions of potential H/H series with UCONN and Purdue in the future, with other teams would you like to see H/H with? (I exclude KU and KSU because those answers are obvious and not fun)

I have pitches for many, but due to time constraints, I'll go with these five: Louisville, Memphis, San Diego St, Colorado and Cinci.

------------

1) Louisville: I pick them for the obvious reason of our recent Final Four matchup, but more importantly though; Rick Pitino. Pitino was so complementary and impressed with our program (not in a "fake for the press" type of way either). I feel because of this, a series is at least plausible.

2) Memphis: We share a lot of similarities with the Memphis program. We were both high-major programs, in mid-major conferences (until this season). Both programs are located in metropolitan areas. Both universities are basketball schools with good history. I just think it would be a fun series.

3) SDSU: Ever since we played in sunny San Deigo, I have been impressed with their program. Would be cool to revisit this matchup. (Even cooler if we became conference foes, but that's another dream entirely. Might I also add the MWC tourney is in Vegas? I mean STL is fun and all, but Vegas?! Sign me up!!)

4) Colorado: This one is because of the obvious Tad Boyle connection and the fact the Buffalo have been good lately. I believe it would work for three reasons: A) Distance is good B) Would be good for both programs C) I think Tad has the stones that certain other coaches that we know don't.

5) Cinci: This is purely for the nostalgia. Two former MVC heavyweights going toe-to-toe. Watch out.

---------------------

What say you Shocker Nation??
    The Assman

UCLA, Cincinnati, Louisville, Oklahoma State, Ohio State, missourah.

Comment

Michigan State, Misery, UCLA (grad school?), Indiana, Vanderbilt (revenge for .9).

I don't ever want to play Memphis. Count me as not in the Josh Pastner fan club.

Oklahoma. I'd love to attend a game in the LNC, and it's a short drive.

Travis Ford seems like too big of a pu$$y to ever play us.
      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

SDSU, VCU, Gonzaga would be the ones I be most excited about. Otherwise I'd take any of the blue bloods and include Arizona.
        Last edited by Heinro; January 16, 2014, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Oklahoma, Ok State, MIzzou, Iowa State, Iowa, New Mexico, uConn, VCU, Michigan State.

But the first 5 listed would be my first choice as well.
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Since Mizzou wants to play KU and KU won't reciprocate how about a yearly series with them and a traveling trophy called the Chickenhawk Trophy. We could alternate years and/or meet in the middle and split Sprint Center. The trophy could be a cowering Jayhawk.

Comment

OU and Okla St since they are close enough to go to. Then Duke, NC, UCLA, Arizona, Kentucky
              and Creighton.

Comment

Newman
                Friends
                Bethel

Those three would be great, no travel, pretty sure we would win (even at their place) and according to KU fan, those games fit our current schedule philosophy......lol

1. Creighton
                2. New Mexico
                3. Mizzu (annual in KC)
                4. Arkansas
                5. SD St.

Tried to keep realistic....Duke, UCLA, Lville, ect......never going to happen

Comment

Louisville, Gonzaga, Indiana, UCLA, Florida

Covers good teams, good traditions, and good recruiting areas...

Oh, and I can go see them play in the 'Ville and in Bloomington!! :)

Comment

Creighton. Just so my friends and I in Omaha can talk crap every year.

Comment

ORU, OSU, Oklahoma, Mizzou, and either SMU, TCU, or UTA

Comment

Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post
                        Newman
                        Friends
                        Bethel
                        Well they maybe great but I'm sure KU already has them scheduled
                        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Houston, Rice, Lamar, Texas A&M, Texas, SMU, Baylor

Comment

Oklahoma State
                            Oklahoma
                            Gonzaga

Comment

UNC, so Royboy has to walk into CKA and take his punishment for the Maurice Evans debacle.

Comment

Working...
                              X