Student Section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Student Section

Just wanted to send a shout out to the students. For a game against such an overmatched opponent, the students could have just went through the motions. However, that looked like a Top 5 student section tonight. Very organized, loud, and packed. The new stuff with free throws is killer. Looks legit.

It really does look big time, as it's supposed to be. Keep it up. I expect some good stuff for ESPN2 on Saturday!

Again, major props!
    Last edited by ShockerFever; January 14, 2014, 10:27 PM.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

I concur. Big s/o to student section. Make Saturday even better.
    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      Just wanted to send a shout out to the students. For a game against such an overmatched opponent, the students could have just went through the motions. However, that looked like a Top 5 student section tonight. Very organized, loud, and packed. The new stuff with free throws is killer. Looks legit.

It really does look big time, as it's supposed to be. Keep it up. I expect some good stuff for ESPN2 on Saturday!

Again, major props!
      This.

And I'll add a s/o to the band, too. The house was rockin'.
      Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Ditto. @ShockBand: and I were marveling at the new and varied free throw distractions. Whoever is organizing them over there is doing a killer job!

Comment

I agree, well done Shocker students! Thank you. :good:

Go Shocks!
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Again, major props!
            DITTO!

Comment

I'm not sure if there are rules in place at CKA regarding masks and costumes at games, but it would be really cool to see our student section like Colorado's front row that wear crazy costumes. One kid even wears a CU colored Halo suit.

The SC and Band have really been great this year.

edit: adding a photo (and I don't think it's a halo suit, not sure what it is lol)

ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

I liked a couple of the signs. Legend-Darius and the Dread the Fred.

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                  I'm not sure if there are rules in place at CKA regarding masks and costumes at games, but it would be really cool to see our student section like Colorado's front row that wear crazy costumes. One kid even wears a CU colored Halo suit.

edit: adding a photo (and I don't think it's a halo suit, not sure what it is lol)

Cool suit; however, that looks way too hot for an entire game!

Comment

Like everyone has said, the students were fantastic. Very proud of them. Still looking for music from the band. ShockerSound has been great, per usual, all year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post
                      Cool suit; however, that looks way too hot for an entire game!
                      Yes she does. Love a woman who comes prepared with spandex, a leather belt, wrist metal and a mystery mask to boot.

Comment

Those students must originally be from Omaha with their " You live in Utah" signs.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                          Yes she does. Love a woman who comes prepared with spandex, a leather belt, wrist metal and a mystery mask to boot.
                          I think that would be a great look for our volleyball team.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                            I think that would be a great look for our volleyball team.
                            Great look for our libero.

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post

Agree wholeheartedly - way to step up and add to the big time atmosphere for a big time ranking.

If anybody needs inspiration for costumes, I suggest a Google Image search of "Wild Bill Utah State". That guy brought it every game.

Comment

Working...
                              X