Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
    Let me add my thoughts....

I saw all three Kansas teams in action on Saturday. Woke up at 5AM and drove to lawrence for KU-KSU then drove to Springfield for WSU-MSU. I didn't eat anytihng until the second half of the MSU game due to time restrictions. I was feeling like death in the second half of the game so I left with around 11 minutes to go. I went to my buddies apartment near the JQH and watched the rest of the game while eating/hydrating. Amazing come back. Am I mad I missed the comeback in person? Yes, but I don't regret leaving early considering how I was feeling

From my short time at the JQH...there really isn't that much of a difference between the Q and the Kansas Coliseum or even AFH for that matter. They just feel like massive sheds with small concourses. The crowd was pretty loud. I was impressed. Most of the MSU students that I went to the game with were very drunk - some didn't remember the first half (a real shame considering how the game turned out). It's a shame MSU can't get those kinds of crowds consistently. Would help recruiting immensely. Ramon Clemente recently said that he didn't come to WSU for the tradition or because he particularly liked Wichita but because the Fans were amazing even in a somewhat down year. Valley schools could use that to their advantage if they could all have amazing fan support like we do.

It's been pretty obvious that WSU has been "over helping" on dribble drives the past couple of games and I thought that was evident in the first half allowing MSU to get open 3's - especially with Ruder. Good adjustment by Marshall to not help off the dribble as much and to stay locked in on the perimeter. Don't know why Thurman didn't play in the second half, he was a tough matchup for us. The Marcus Marshall leg kick foul that they called on Ron was horrible.

I don't have too much more time to offer thoughts (if anyone cares to hear them) as I have to start heading towards Wichita for the game.
    Let it be said for the record, wsushox, that you are a total maniac. Do they really not have concession stands at the Sacred Barn in Lawrence? If nothing else, you'd think they'd at least sell chicken. I can understand your reluctance to support their program in any way, but a man has to eat -- otherwise, you can see what happens to you. Driving all those miles and then missing the comeback live and in person? Avoiding that is worth a few bucks for whoever handles concessions in Phoggy Bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
      Let me add my thoughts....

I saw all three Kansas teams in action on Saturday. Woke up at 5AM and drove to lawrence for KU-KSU then drove to Springfield for WSU-MSU. I didn't eat anytihng until the second half of the MSU game due to time restrictions. I was feeling like death in the second half of the game so I left with around 11 minutes to go. I went to my buddies apartment near the JQH and watched the rest of the game while eating/hydrating. Amazing come back. Am I mad I missed the comeback in person? Yes, but I don't regret leaving early considering how I was feeling.

From my short time at the JQH...there really isn't that much of a difference between the Q and the Kansas Coliseum or even AFH for that matter. They just feel like massive sheds with small concourses. The crowd was pretty loud. I was impressed. Most of the MSU students that I went to the game with were very drunk - some didn't remember the first half (a real shame considering how the game turned out). It's a shame MSU can't get those kinds of crowds consistently. Would help recruiting immensely. Ramon Clemente recently said that he didn't come to WSU for the tradition or because he particularly liked Wichita but because the Fans were amazing even in a somewhat down year. Valley schools could use that to their advantage if they could all have amazing fan support like we do.

It's been pretty obvious that WSU has been "over helping" on dribble drives the past couple of games and I thought that was evident in the first half allowing MSU to get open 3's - especially with Ruder. Good adjustment by Marshall to not help off the dribble as much and to stay locked in on the perimeter. Don't know why Thurman didn't play in the second half, he was a tough matchup for us. The Marcus Marshall leg kick foul that they called on Ron was horrible.

I don't have too much more time to offer thoughts (if anyone cares to hear them) as I have to start heading towards Wichita for the game.
      Good stuff....the best I've ever done is a WSU basketball and baseball game in the same day.

Comment

Working...
      X