Parking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking

Probably been dealt with a million times, but here goes. We (a couple of crusty 60 year olds) used to park west of Koch on Stadium Drive, but it is certainly getting pushed back further and further, street was so icy last night we watched on TV which sucks. Any suggestions on parking, use of shuttles, party buses, etc. ? I'll be damned if I'll miss another game because of this, even if I have to park at Kirby's.

Originally posted by St. Teddy View Post
    Probably been dealt with a million times, but here goes. We (a couple of crusty 60 year olds) used to park west of Koch on Stadium Drive, but it is certainly getting pushed back further and further, street was so icy last night we watched on TV which sucks. Any suggestions on parking, use of shuttles, party buses, etc. ? I'll be damned if I'll miss another game because of this, even if I have to park at Kirby's.
    Emerson Biggins West has a shuttle that leaves from their establishment. You must spend $10 in order to get a ticket.

Comment

When school is out, the dorms at 21st and Hillside is definitely the best place to park.

Comment

Emerson Biggins West sounds like an excellent opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
          Emerson Biggins West has a shuttle that leaves from their establishment. You must spend $10 in order to get a ticket.
          Luis Lopez still own that joint?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            Luis Lopez still own that joint?
            I believe so. Never used the shuttle but heard it on the 1410 pregame last night.

Comment

Doesn't Larry Buds still do a bus from 21st and Woodlawn?
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

The Metroplex shuttles were running last night and will be an option for the 3 Tuesday home games we have remaining on the schedule. I saw a few Shocker fans utilizing them last night.

Comment

I've always thought it rude to clog the neighborhood streets on game night. If that were my neighborhood, I would not like it.

Our (vanload of 60 somethings) practice is for the driver to drop the passengers off at the entrance to Koch, then find the best possible parking. We do not have reserved parking, so that often means a nice (10 minute) walk from the south end of the campus for the driver. Post-game is the same drill in reverse. The passengers stay nice and warm in the arena while the driver suffers the cold or enjoys the brisk walk while listening to Kennedy postgame. By the time passengers are picked up, the lots near the arena are mostly empty.
                  “Talk low, talk slow and don't say too much.”
                  John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                    Doesn't Larry Buds still do a bus from 21st and Woodlawn?
                    Yes 2 dollars per ticket, same thing at Larry Buds west.

Comment

The shuttle from the Metroplex @ 29th & Oliver runs during games. It is free.

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
                        The shuttle from the Metroplex @ 29th & Oliver runs during games. It is free.
                        But only on nights with classes, unless they have changed that policy. I wish they would run the Metroplex AND campus loop shuttle on all game nights!
                        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by 19SHOCKER76 View Post
                          I've always thought it rude to clog the neighborhood streets on game night. If that were my neighborhood, I would not like it.

Our (vanload of 60 somethings) practice is for the driver to drop the passengers off at the entrance to Koch, then find the best possible parking. We do not have reserved parking, so that often means a nice (10 minute) walk from the south end of the campus for the driver. Post-game is the same drill in reverse. The passengers stay nice and warm in the arena while the driver suffers the cold or enjoys the brisk walk while listening to Kennedy postgame. By the time passengers are picked up, the lots near the arena are mostly empty.
                          I wouldn't like it either, but then again I didn't choose to buy a house close to a major sporting facility. I usually park on Yale north of the university and walk over. I took the Larry Bud's east bus a lot last year, but it was so full most of the time it was miserable. Probably why they are charging two bucks this year.

Comment

I too get peaved when another one of the older households on my block have their annual multi-generational family garage sale, what with the street clogging and all that great stuff. But then I have the realization that the street is a public right-of-way and not private property. That ROW even extends into an area most people probably assume is their yard and property. Don't expect a thank you card from the City of Wichita for mowing their grass.

Comment

I park off Stadium St. The people in the neighborhood are very friendly, we've been parking there for 10 years or so. Before the game often times random people in the neighborhood will be outside wishing the Shockers luck...then afterwards asking who won. We get in and out 10x faster than anyone parking in the lots.

Comment

Working...
                              X