No announcement yet.

Proud of the Crowd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any chance we could get a Burger King AA? By the way, I think the old folks who sometimes take a beating on here for not cheering deserve a V8 for their involvement in the game the other night.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
      Actually, they nominate a ton of players every year. I don't know how many but I played with a guy who was awarded the plaque or whatever in HS. We made a big deal out of it. He had a couple of D1 offers but ended up at Washburn. So Garrett may get that but he won't be one of the few that plays in the game.
      And it's too bad Murph didn't play at WSU.

And a good way to start on attracting the higher sought after recruits would be to win in Orlando next year. Then follow it up with a slaughtering of BCSers in Maui the next. That would be 6 huge wins for the program on ESPN, which really controls what schools get the most attention.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
        Originally posted by SubGod22
        Actually, they nominate a ton of players every year. I don't know how many but I played with a guy who was awarded the plaque or whatever in HS. We made a big deal out of it. He had a couple of D1 offers but ended up at Washburn. So Garrett may get that but he won't be one of the few that plays in the game.
        And it's too bad Murph didn't play at WSU.

And a good way to start on attracting the higher sought after recruits would be to win in Orlando next year. Then follow it up with a slaughtering of BCSers in Maui the next. That would be 6 huge wins for the program on ESPN, which really controls what schools get the most attention.
        It is. Murph and another guy on that team Tyler Bacon both could have played and been an asset to those Shocker teams.

And you're definitely right about ESPN. If we can take care of business next year and win at least a few games it'll help. Hopefully with the games in the south it may help a little more there too. The next season in Maui would be a great place to make a statement and really get the attention of the nation. Maui is one of, if not the, biggest preseason tournaments every year as far as rep and exposure go.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
        X