Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Hope I am Still Welcome?

Hello Old Shocker Friends

Sure seems like things have changed for the worse between our programs and fan bases. I feel sick about it. I am trying to help. I have conducted meetings and tried to bridge gaps. heck...i have even meditated on the subject and I am not one to do that. :)

I still really like you guys and I really like your program. I truly hope the garbage from the past couple years dissolves but I have a bad feeling it won't.

Here's is hoping my greatest fears don't come true tonight. Those fears have nothing to do with the outcome of the game as I know WSU will win by 25+. They are just far better than my Redbirds are right now.

I just wish we could go back to the days of having mutual respect for each other as people. Individuals on both sides seems to be filled with hatred and that makes me very sad and very uneasy.

Good luck tonight and the rest of the way.

PS---No matter what I will always think of all of you as my friends and my colleagues.

Sincerely

GORL

Classy post. Those worth being your friends still are.

Comment

Good post. One of the few good Redbird posters left.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Freeeeaky. I was just looking up on the membership list when the last time you posted was and I saw "5 minutes".

Welcome back.

Comment

GORL,

Whatever you are doing to get our two sides back to a friendlier tone, keep doing it. Look you got JH4P and Shockerfevererer (did I get enough ers in there) to post on the same thread and not attack each other.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmee View Post
            GORL,

Whatever you are doing to get our two sides back to a friendlier tone, keep doing it. Look you got JH4P and Shockerfevererer (did I get enough ers in there) to post on the same thread and not attack each other.
            ROTFLMAO and more! Post the new year!
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

My favorite Redbird poster from way back when.

Welcome back GORL. Visit more.

Comment

Love to have open and honest and good-natured discussions with good people like you, GORL.
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

NO GFYS

Respectfully of course

:P

Comment

I was actually hoping to see GORL again. Always welcome as far as I'm concerned. IlSU has attracted some less knowledgable internet posters. Sometimes those fans are interesting reads because of their total disconnect with reality. Then there are some who seem more interested in hating on WSU than cheering on IlSU.

It's npot hard to realize there are great IlSU fans and some others. Not hard to recognize the difference between the two and remember when IlSU and WSU had some mutual good will and remember fondly those fans where we shared that good will.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
                      NO GFYS
                      Finally got around to watching the movie in your avy/location last night haha. Perplexing ending.
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Yep....this was one of the guys I was referring to in the other thread. Even before I started posting, I was a frequent SN reader and always enjoyed his contributions to our board.
                        78-65

Comment

@Ghost of Rick Lamb: is ALWAYS welcome. We should all strive to be such passionate yet gracious fans as he.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Rick Lamb View Post
                            Hello Old Shocker Friends

Sure seems like things have changed for the worse between our programs and fan bases. I feel sick about it. I am trying to help. I have conducted meetings and tried to bridge gaps. heck...i have even meditated on the subject and I am not one to do that. :)

I still really like you guys and I really like your program. I truly hope the garbage from the past couple years dissolves but I have a bad feeling it won't.

Here's is hoping my greatest fears don't come true tonight. Those fears have nothing to do with the outcome of the game as I know WSU will win by 25+. They are just far better than my Redbirds are right now.

I just wish we could go back to the days of having mutual respect for each other as people. Individuals on both sides seems to be filled with hatred and that makes me very sad and very uneasy.

Good luck tonight and the rest of the way.

PS---No matter what I will always think of all of you as my friends and my colleagues.

Sincerely

GORL
                            I can't remember the last time you posted on your own board, not that I am really keeping track, but still I don't remember seeing your name pop up. Have you taken a break or is my eyesight worse than I think?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              @Ghost of Rick Lamb is ALWAYS welcome. We should all strive to be such passionate yet gracious fans as he.
                              You are just sucking up to him because he had friends who were Hooters waitresses (or something like that) in STL. I remember you wanting to be his best friend when he said that.

EDIT: I think that actually was another classy Redbird poster. Phantom maybe?
                              Last edited by WuShock16; January 8, 2014, 02:57 PM.
                              78-65

Comment

Working...
                              X