Cotton or Baker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotton or Baker?

Who's the better backup PG at this point, Baker or Cotton? Early in the season it was Baker. But I think that has shifted substantially and Cotton is the better PG at this point.

Thoughts?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Considering the only time I've seen cotton at the point lately was the siu game and he looked a little shaky, including a pass to the fans when pressed, I'm going with baker.

Comment

Depends on what Ron can do on a given day with a bum ankle.
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

I don't know who is the better PG, but I feel that by having Cotton at the point, it limits our offensive production more than if Baker ran it. My reasoning is that when Cotton plays off the ball on offense, he's a threat for an offensive rebound and put back from anywhere on the court. I feel if he has the ball in his hand, running the offense, it puts him in less situations that utilize his strengths like rebounding.

I think both are beyond just serviceable,and I never once this season felt that if one of those two guys HAD to run our offense, we'd be screwed. What a time to be a Shocker fan.
        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

I feel like Baker is a better backup however when teams press and he has to work like crazy to get the ball up court it takes away from his effectiveness as a shooter. Don't have anything to back that up but he does so much as it is. The past couple games his points have decreased and that I think is partly due to his increased duties at the point. Just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            Who's the better backup PG at this point, Baker or Cotton? Early in the season it was Baker. But I think that has shifted substantially and Cotton is the better PG at this point.

Thoughts?
            Firdt blush answer, Baker. Just from gut feeling, I havenoticed Baker seemingly attempting to make the awesome pass instead of his more usual safe one. Anyway, comparing the first 9 games to the last 6 games (breakpoint selected because game 10,Cotton had 4 assists, so this gives him benefit of doubt)
            1st 9 last 6
            Cotton 18 A/ 9 TO 15 A/ 4 TO
            Baker 32 A/11 TO 23 A/11 TO

Baker WAS better by far; now it appears Cotton has overtaken him. That may well be due to the bum ankle as well as Cotton's improvement.
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Cotton ran the point several possessions yesterday and he was very solid. Especially with Baker on the court to dish to.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Close, but still gotta go with Baker even though he is not nearly 100%. He still moves the ball around faster, drives better, and is more often able to create the open man.

Comment

Well, the greatest coach in WSU history thinks it goes FVV and then Baker and then Cotton soooooooooo

I think I'll go ahead and agree with HCGM.

Comment

i like them both but i think baker is a little better with his left hand, and i think he can take it to the left a little better. but it is nice having three guys who handle the ball so well. i just hope we dont get forced to have to make that move too often.

Comment

Toss up. What I want to ponder is how much better this team will be when RB's ankle is back to normal. He's struggling and I feel for the guy. Wish I could do some Mr. Miyagi magic on his ankle.

Comment

Working...
                      X