No announcement yet.

Trees v. Shockers Post Game Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing I like about Gal as a player is that if he's not shooting well he doesn't try and shoot his way out of the slump. He'll still take good open shots and maybe a questionable one, but he won't chuck up anything. The one basket he had last night he had the chance for a wide open 3, but passed it up cause he saw open floor in front of him to get a short jump shot off since he hadn't been shooting well. A lot of players wouldn't do that.

Comment

Coach was definitely not feeling well.

During a timeout in the second half Coach and Ramon had words away from the huddle. Ramon sat for a while, and after a bit said something to coach that obviously was what Coach wanted to hear, and he was sent back in.

The officiating was good until Matt got T'd up. Then the one official (older grey haired dude) was not on our side at all, and was looking for things to call on us and overlook on ISU. Coach asked the youngest ref if ANY of that guys calls would go our way, even an out of bounds call, because it was obvious he was upset with Coach. They younger ref, according to my lip reading, said something along the lines of "I'll take care of it." During the next time out he and the older ref had a talk, and the older ref was upset. Not long after that, he gave us the time-out when PJ grabbed the big rebound in the corner.

Gal played well, except again for a key decision in crunch time. He is a sophomore and played a lot older than that with that one exception.

We were standing the whole last 5 minutes in my section. This 7' nothing guy a couple rows up and his family that goes 6'8, 6'8 stood up, and when someone rudely asked me to sit, I told them when the 7' sat so I could see, then I would sit. They laughed and stood behind me the rest of the way.

Great game, and the crowd the last 5 mins really helped pick the team up. During a time-out coach marshall said something along the lines of listen to them while waving his hand around the arena.

Comment

This Season has been rocky to say the least. However, this team is a good rebounding team. RC-8 and GM and JT-6. My main concern last night that is correctable was our dismal 10-21 from the charity stipe. Yikes!!!!!!! They were only 11-19 and normally shoot better than that too.

Last night, we out-rebounded the Trees 38-26. PJ had 14 points, 5 RB, 5 assists, 1 steal, and 14 points and plays tough D game in and game out.. He still reminds me some of Triple-Double king--Warren Armstrong, of yesteryears. It is easy to forget that PJ draws oodles of the attention from our opponets defensive schemes. It is also easy to over-look how he has been assigned our toughest defensive assignments game in and game out.

MB is the man!!! He leads both on and off the court and is having a banner Senior Year. His intestional fortitude and true grit speaks for itself. What a fierce warrior he has been. He will make an awesome coach someday. PJ and MB were instrumental to our Su-weet 16 quest. They will always be Shockers we will refer to as days march by to March in the future. Both of them are Shocker MVP's in my book this year.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11
          Originally posted by pinstripers
          Bad game by Durley. What a waste. Progress by Ellis. Gal makes horrible decisions. Our lack of a post player does not hurt us in this kind of matchup.
          I'm not one of the people that defends Gal all the time here, but I have to ask, what bad decisions? Yeah I can think of one that he made tonight, but he played a pretty solid game tonight.
          Agree 11, I find myself defending any player who apparently played a soldid game from the comments of several others. Yet, in this case he gets knocked for one play. And conveniently, the six Rebounds and the six Assists are overlooked.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotel Paper
            After the post game show, the other show had Coach Jans on and I asked if Coach was going to at the signing tomorrow because tonight at the press conference he sounded like he was really really sick and Coach Jans said that when the game was almost over, Coach M almost fainted and the other coaches at to pick him up, lest he fall.
            Signing? Who, what, when, where, how?

Comment

today at the arena from 3 to 4. get All the coach's signatures and the players

Comment

Originally posted by Hotel Paper
                today at the arena from 3 to 4. get All the coach's signatures and the players
                Oh, silly me.

I almost had an org@sm there.

Comment

Durley's game

Pinstripers, I just got on here & noticed the comments you made about Durley some time ago. Somehow, you seem to lose track of the fact that he is a freshman. Obviously, he needs to recognize the doubleteam quicker when he has the ball. However, he is starting to show signs of playing better defense or he wudn't have been in there for 22 min's last nite. And, it was Durley's assist to Cooz for the back door slam that was one of the key plays coming down the stretch in the last couple of minutes! Durley is getting a rep for offense so opponents are now giving him a lot more attention when he has the ball. He has to learn to deal with it.

Comment

Lance Harris was outstanding last night. Energy and effort, he was totally invaluable. He has earned more playing time. Seeing his Mom smile from ear to ear after the game was worse more than the price of admission, by a long shot.

Gal is so under valued it's stunning. His defense is outstanding, especially when you factor in his speed, or more specifically, his lack thereof. 3 to 1 TO/A ratio. All the minutes he played and the big shot. He is really, really good folks and only in his second year.

Phil was solid as he has been for so much of the year.

PJ was what we need him to be.....the most physically dominating player on the floor.

Aaron Ellis....welcome to the party young man. That had to feel good! A brief glimpse of what this playa is capable of in the future. There was mention that he might redshirt next year....I can't see it. I can't think our new guys are going to be so good as to allow a player of his quality to sit out the entire year AND join the number of freshmen in that class.

Matt, great for the team to have him back and he played a very solid game. With Matt we can beat a lot of teams, without him, not so much.

Ramon was his usual warrior self. I was a little nervous of his exchange with Coach......that did not appear headed in a good direction at all. As with Gal, his defensive efforts are severely undervalued.

JT, man I do not know what it takes to light a fire under this kid's butt. I don't ever want to see Gregg look at a player like that again.....so much so I may go out there and get those loose balls and carry JT with me......

I can understand why WP didn't play. It makes sense. However, we needed a shooter last night. GH not playing should tell you all you need to know.

Comment

Durley had a baaad game. So much wasted talent. Too bad. Yea, I know what class he is in. I thought Gal was below average, jmo. That crunch time turnover was not good. I guess I could just criticize when we lose.

Comment

The five to six minute stretch before Marshall took his coat off was quite interesting. Durley gave up a drive (actually he helped off way, way too much on a guy forty feet from the basket and couldn't get back) and fouled the guy, turned it over on the other end, then gave up a three to Tunnell, then got beat to a ball he should have had. Ramon missed a box out and gave up a resulting lay up, then fouled the Carter kid on a three the next time down. Man, did Marshall go after those guys. (I missed his comment to Jans though). Then Matt's phantom T. That's when the jacket came off.

Interesting that Durley said in the paper today that the jawing he took from Marshall was nothing compared to what he's heard in the past. If that's nothing, those practices must really be something!

The thing I took away from that was that both those guys went back in and made big plays down the stretch.

The grey-haired ref blew two significant calls in critical moments of the second half. Really critical and really blown. Other than that, I thought the officiating was fine.

Interesting comment about Ellis potential redshirt. Makes you think that the staff views the big year for this program is in two years and not so much next year. Also, makes you think that they really see Ellis as a 4, but he needs more strength. Man, is he long, though. He played a great game in the second half.

I didn't think Gal played a bad game at all. Maybe one or two ill-advised shots. Overall, I thought he looked much better without the pressure of playing the point.
                        Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers
                          Durley had a baaad game. So much wasted talent. Too bad. Yea, I know what class he is in. I thought Gal was below average, jmo. That crunch time turnover was not got. I guess I could just criticize when we lose.
                          all i gotta say is gal had 6 assist and 2 TO. I dont consider that a bad game at all. I wanna know what a good game is by your standards
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

also in the post game show. Who was that idiotic lady that suggested that Graham Hatch should be playing instead Gal.
                            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
                              also in the post game show. Who was that idiotic lady that suggested that Graham Hatch should be playing instead Gal.
                              Idiots? Unfortunately they are among us! :(
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

1: Yea, I think everyone noticed that. Including JT.
                                2: I even made a post about it :) We all knew that "this shi just got real"
                                5: The whole student section got a bit quiter each time. When he got fouled, I had never heard such anger come from the student section. I swear they were more po'd at that then the T later.
                                7: Lance is one hell of a walk on, but too bad he can't stay on his feet.
                                9: I still call him Rrrramon Ryan Martin Clamente b/c he shows that level of heart (but is better at the game).
                                10: The answer to that question is: Matty B
                                11: I think the TO went to Gal, but there was one TO in the 2nd that the trees scored on easily. Well, it was a horrible TO but the pass to Gal (again, I think) was so ill timed that he had to pass it (into a TO) or travel.
                                12: That was a great call by coach.
                                13: The refs suck, that is why.

Also, one of my Sweet-sour-sweet-sour moments in the second half... We had some great ball movement that got Gal an open 3 shot, that he missed. Well, we tipped the ball around and finally got control of it! Then we didn't convert :(

Had we made that conversion, I would have called it game right then and there.

Also, that idiotic lady was Hatch's great aunt Sally. Go easy on her.

Comment

Working...
                                X