Centurylink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centurylink

Looks like Creighton opens up Big East play today at home. I stumbled across an article where Coach and players are anticipating a Wichita State Crowd....... Said last years game was different than anything they had ever experienced..... All I want for the Shox is a new conference. A conference that is committed to growing it brand!!!

the last couple of thoughts are not from the article just what I want for the new year

Comment

link?

Comment

I was at that game and the crowd was mediocre at best by other standards. The one in Omaha.

Quiet Center
        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

''It's what we've all been waiting for - fans and players, coaches,'' Bluejays star Doug McDermott said. ''This is the one to get started off on the right track. I expect a Wichita State-type atmosphere.''

McDermott was referring to the afternoon last March when more than 18,000 fans showed up to see him score 41 points in the Bluejays' championship-clinching win over the Final Four-bound Shockers in their final Missouri Valley regular-season game. Eighteen days later Creighton, along with Butler and Xavier, officially joined the reconstituted Big East."

78-65

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
            link?
            Watch FOX Sports and view live scores, odds, team news, player news, streams, videos, stats, standings & schedules covering NFL, MLB, NASCAR, WWE, NBA, NHL, college sports & more!

Comment

My initial thought was that he was talking about a Wichita State crowd....you know, the one we all contribute to at Koch Arena.

My second thought was that it might indeed be a Wichita State crowd tonight...you know, the one in Omaha in 2012 when Gregg wondered if there was some silent fire alarm or something weird like that at the end of the game.
              78-65

Comment

Now that they are in what some if you call a fantastic conference maybe they won't need discount beer nights to draw a big or should I say rowdy crowd.

Comment

I would just as soon not have our name used as a reference point since this was never a rivalry. Oh by the way what is cretin ranked this week?

Comment

Who is Creighton's new yearly Matt Perrault Night opponent since they now refuse to schedule us?

Comment

We are still their Super Bowl and every big game will be compared to us...

We are the Super Model ex girlfriend that they had to dump because they knocked up a tramp one night during a drunken stupor.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I have posted this in another thread, but it bears repeating. Creighton is one graduation ceremony/retirement party in the case of Gibbs, from becoming the guaranteed-two-wins-on-the-schedule turd of the Big East.

Comment

I will be there tonight, so without getting into the whole rivalry thing, I will give you the public anticipation of this game.

I didn't read any of the links but here is what is happening. The game has been sold out since tickets went on sale, this game was one of the first to sell out. The game is at 9:00 PM, so if you are at the game, this is your New Year's party. People will be drinkin. Lots of drinking. The hotels surrounding the arena are also sold out. Creighton fans booked the hotels months ago. After the game it will be one big pub crawl. It coyld be a mess, it could be huge fun like the 11:00 PM Bracketbuster.

I will not be drinking. I am not staying downtown. My drive home should be much easier than normal.
                          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

New Years prediction: Big East/BIG EAST Conference gets sued for false advertising, forced to rename conference to Mediocre Eastern Horde or "MEH/meh" for short.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                              I will be there tonight, so without getting into the whole rivalry thing, I will give you the public anticipation of this game.

I didn't read any of the links but here is what is happening. The game has been sold out since tickets went on sale, this game was one of the first to sell out. The game is at 9:00 PM, so if you are at the game, this is your New Year's party. People will be drinkin. Lots of drinking. The hotels surrounding the arena are also sold out. Creighton fans booked the hotels months ago. After the game it will be one big pub crawl. It coyld be a mess, it could be huge fun like the 11:00 PM Bracketbuster.

I will not be drinking. I am not staying downtown. My drive home should be much easier than normal.
                              I already feel bad for any Marquette fans that made the trip.

Comment

Working...
                              X