concerns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• concerns

1) Baker's ankle. Seemed obvious to me it is hurting him and affecting his play. Even if it means
    a couple conference losses I wish they would rest him until it heals. Like last year we have to have
    him at the end.

2) Frontline. For whatever reasons neither KC or CL are contributing like thy should. Thank goodness
    for Carter stepping up but we really need for at least one of the big guys to start playing angry.

3) Again, would like to see Baker sit at least a couple games. Good for him to heal up and good for team
    in the long run. Also good to develop another option at PG should Fred get in foul trouble or get hurt. Good
    for NW and EW to play more and regain confidence in their shots and for NW to work on his D.

4) Mindset. Need to play angry from start to finish and not just kick it in gear when we need it. Play angry
    from the start, build leads and experiment a little with another PG.

I have two concerns as far as this team reaching its full potential:

1) Injury to a starter
    2) Lack of bench production

Avoid 1 and build 2 and this team is as good as any team in the country. Margin for error is razor thin, however.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Develop who as a PG option? The only one that is left is Tekele and he's shown himself as serviceable. We aren't deep at the true PG position.
      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

I realize it was high school ball but Simon played PG with impressive stats. Like Baker he played football and must
        have some toughness,as well. Also, smart. Surely, he has been playing there in scrimmages some. Other than that,
        I guess I'd just give TC some more time there. MAIN thing, is to get Baker healed up properly. I'd take three losses
        right now if it meant a healthy Baker at the end of regular season !!!

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
          1) Baker's ankle. Seemed obvious to me it is hurting him and affecting his play. Even if it means
          a couple conference losses I wish they would rest him until it heals. Like last year we have to have
          him at the end.

2) Frontline. For whatever reasons neither KC or CL are contributing like thy should. Thank goodness
          for Carter stepping up but we really need for at least one of the big guys to start playing angry.
          I hope they are resting him at least during practices since we all know how tough the practices are and that is where he injured it initially.
          "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
          which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Comment

What exactly is Baker's injury? Is it a high ankle sprain? Those things can take weeks or even a couple months to get over

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerKhan View Post
              I hope they are resting him at least during practices since we all know how tough the practices are and that is where he injured it initially.
              IIRC, RB hasn't been practicing lately...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Are we regretting the Holland redshirt?
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                  I realize it was high school ball but Simon played PG with impressive stats. Like Baker he played football and must
                  have some toughness,as well. Also, smart. Surely, he has been playing there in scrimmages some. Other than that,
                  I guess I'd just give TC some more time there. MAIN thing, is to get Baker healed up properly. I'd take three losses
                  right now if it meant a healthy Baker at the end of regular season !!!
                  Big difference between high school and Division 1 college hoops. Simon is not strong enough at this time to play against the oppositions best guards. He may get stronger and quicker but I don't see him as an option at this time. Rest Baker when you can but I won't trade a MAYBE healthy Baker for three losses at this juncture.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                    Holland isn't a true pg so I bet he didn't appear to be a better option than Baker or Cotton.

Wiggins or wessel improving would mean more opportunity to rest for Baker and VanVleet.
                    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                      Any practice reports on how Holland is doing? Morris?
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                        Any practice reports on how Holland is doing? Morris?
                        From last night coaching show Marshall said they are trying to get both those guys better. He didn't act like they are ready yet (no great praise or anything), but maybe I'm reading to much into it. He also said:

1. Morris has a hurt knee.

2. Holland is in the weight room trying to get stronger, and coach see he definitely needs to get stronger.

Comment

anyone catch Holland putting on a dunk show at the pregame to the Davidson game? That boy has some serious ups. He was throwing it off the backboard, doing 180's, all with complete ease. Looking forward to seeing him play next year.

Comment

I'm concerned about our apparent lack of depth in our bench. In the recent past we have been able to run opponents ragged as we lost very little when our reserves came in. Unless our reserves start improving significantly, the opposite could be the case this year.

Comment

i'm worried about coleby and lufile. they seem to be too nice or passive or something. CARTER SERIOUSLY NEEDS SOME HELP ON THE FRONT LINE, and well before the ncaa tournament! c'mon, guys.

Comment

Working...
                              X