2014 Pick Em Contest--Round 1, Jan 1 & 2 Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Pick Em Contest--Round 1, Jan 1 & 2 Games

Contest is under new administration, so take it easy on me. Same rules as in prior years: You get ten (10) points to play with for each set of Valley games. You must put at least one point but no more than 4 points on each game. Changes in predictions are allowed as long as they are made before tip off of the first game. I will keep score throughout the year. Join now! Late comers will be allowed but of course they will be behind on points for the year.

Once again we will have a regular season and a post season contest. To participate in the post season contest your final score must be one of the ten best point scores including ties. In the past this means several more than ten get to participate in the post season tournament contest. So if you get off to a poor start, don't give up! I will donate a $25 Outback Steakhouse gift card for the regular season contest. If you wish to donate a prize, please send me a PM. Let's continue the tradition of making our MVC Pick Em Contest the best! Many thanks to @tropicalshox for his time and effort in running the Contest in prior years.

This round's games (first one starts Wednesday, January 1st at 2:05 pm, Central time):

LOY @ INS
    BRAD @ UNI
    EVAN @ DRAKE
    ILS @ MSU
    WSU @ SIU

My picks:

INS 3
    UNI 1
    DRAKE 1
    MSU 1
    WSU 4

Add your picks to this thread.

Remember to have all your picks in before the tip off of the first game, or expect to receive no points for the set of games. Good luck!
    Last edited by _kai_; December 31, 2013, 09:10 AM. Reason: Fixed the formatting for you
    "If you strive for perfection, often times you can achieve excellence." --Gregg Marshall

Contest is under new administration, so take it easy on me. Same rules as in prior years: You get ten (10) points to play with for each set of Valley games. You must put at least one point but no more than 4 points on each game. Changes in predictions are allowed as long as they are made before tip off of the first game. I will keep score throughout the year. Join now! Late comers will be allowed but of course they will be behind on points for the year.

Once again we will have a regular season and a post season contest. To participate in the post season contest your final score must be one of the ten best point scores including ties. In the past this means several more than ten get to participate in the post season tournament contest. So if you get off to a poor start, dont give up! I will donate a $25 Outback Steakhouse gift card for the regular season contest. If you wish to donate a prize, please send me a PM. Let's continue the tradition of making our MVC Pick Em Contest the best! Many thanks to @tropicalshox for his time and effort in running the Contest in prior years.

This round's games (first one starts Wednesday, January 1st at 2:05 pm, Central time):

LOY @ INS
    BRAD @ UNI
    EVAN @ DRAKE
    ILS @ MSU
    WSU @ SIU

My picks:

INS 3
    UNI 1
    DRAKE 1
    MSU 1
    WSU 4

Add your picks to this thread.

Remember to have all your picks in before the tip off of the first game, or expect to receive no points for the set of games. Good luck!
    FTFY
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

INS 2
      UNI 1
      drake 2
      ILS 1
      WSU 4
      "Ralph Miller was one of the finest coaches in the history of intercollegiate basketball. His teams were always fundamentally sound, team oriented, well conditioned, and ran both their offense and defense with great patience. I know of no coach whose teams competed against his, whether it be at Wichita State, Iowa, or Oregon State, who did not have great respect for him."—John Wooden

Comment

INS 3
        UNI 1
        DRAKE 1
        MSU 1
        WSU 4

Comment

INSU 4
          UNI 1
          DU 1
          MSU 1
          WSU 3
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

INS 3
            UNI 1
            DRAKE 2
            MSU 1
            WSU 3

Comment

INS 2
              UNI 2
              EVAN 1
              MOST 1
              WSU 4

Comment

ISUB 3
                UNI 1
                DU 1
                MSU 1
                WSU 4

Comment

LOY 3
                  UNI 1
                  DRAKE 1
                  MSU 1
                  WSU 4

Comment

INSU 4
                    UNI 1
                    DU 1
                    MSU 1
                    WSU 3

Comment

INSU 4
                      UNI 2
                      DU 2
                      MSU 2
                      WSU 4

Thanks for the contest!

Comment

My Picks
                        ISUb-1
                        BU- 1
                        DU-2
                        MSU-2
                        WSU-4

FOR ALL OF YOU WHO ARE UNFAMILIAR WITH THE VALLEY THIS YEAR FOR WHATEVER REASON, I DID SOME RESEARCH** FOR YOU.

Loyola
                        Record 5-7, 2L
                        Wins- Milwaukee, Rockhurst, SIU-E, UIC, Campbell
                        Losses- Tenn Tech, Tulane, Portland State, UC Davis, Mississippi State, Northern Illinois, Fordham
                        Key Players- Milton Doyle G, Christian Thomas G/F, Jeff White G
                        Indiana State
                        Record 9-3, 2W
                        Wins- Ball State, Notre Dame, Truman State, Alaska-Anchorage, Pepperdine, Eastern Illinois, UMKC, IUPUI, Belmont
                        Losses- Belmont (not a typo), Tulsa, St. Louis
                        Key Players- Jake Odum G, Manny Arop G, Justin Gant F
                        Bradley
                        Record 5-8, 6L
                        Wins- Jacksonville State, Alabama State, Central Michigan, Chicago State, Texas Pan-American
                        Losses- Illinois, Arizona State, IUPUI, IPFW, Portland, Pacific, South Florida
                        Key Player- Walt Lemon, Jr. G*, Tyshon Pickett F
                        *Valley DPOY
                        Northern Iowa
                        Record 6-6, 1W
                        Wins- Loyola M, La Salle, Savannah Sate, VCU, Iona
                        Losses- Ohio, George Mason, Maryland, Milwaukee, Iowa State, Virginia
                        Key Players- Seth Tuttle F, Deon Mitchell G, Wes Washpun G
                        Evansville
                        Record 5-6, 1W
                        Wins- IUPUI, Mercer, Valpo, Miami (OH), Grambling State
                        Losses- Indiana, Ohio, Murray State, Xavier, Jackson State, Butler
                        Key Player- DJ Balentine G
                        Drake
                        Record 8-3, 3W
                        Wins- UIC, Nebraska Omaha, Fresno State, Northern Arizona, CSU Bakersfield, Western Michigan, Albany, IUPUI
                        Losses- New Mexico State, Iowa, St. Mary's
                        Key Players- Gary Ricks, Jr. G, Richard Carter G
                        Illinois State
                        Record 6-5, 2W
                        Wins- Northwestern,San Francisco, Chicago State, Dayton, Tenn State, Depaul
                        Losses- VCU, Drexel, Manhattan, Vermont, Oakland
                        Key Players- Daishon Knight G, Zach Lofton G
                        Misery State
                        Record 9-2, 2W
                        Wins- ODU, Tulsa, Grambling State, Hampton, Liberty, @Texas A&M, ORU, Alabama A&M, SE Missouri State
                        Losses- Virginia, Louisville
                        Key Players- Jamar Gully G/F, Austin Ruder G
                        Southern Illinois
                        Record 4-9, 1L
                        Wins- Missouri Science & Technology, Stetson, Ball State, SIUE
                        Losses- Missouri, St. Louis, Austin Peay, St. Bonaventure, San Diego, Chicago State, WKU, Murray State, Miami (OH)
                        Key Players- Desmar Jackson G, Anthony Beane G

**The term research is used loosely, as all I did was go to Sports Illustrated and sort players by minutes and then take into consideration minutes. It is Gottlieb-esque reporting.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I will donate the champion prize. You cannot eat it, but I guess you could trade it for a meal. It has no WSU colors, but it is all WSU. Wheat? Yes. Shock? Sometimes. It will probably not get you into any WSU games. Monetary value is >$100. Sentimental Value for shocker fans? Priceless.

I will post pics at a later date.
                          Last edited by shock; December 31, 2013, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wushock27 View Post
                            INSU 4
                            UNI 2
                            DU 2
                            MSU 2
                            WSU 4

Thanks for the contest!
                            Please revise your point totals. Total should come out to 10 :)

Comment

INS 3
                              UNI 1
                              DRAKE 1
                              MSU 1
                              WSU 4
                              In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                              X