Wichita State (2014) Team vs Wichita State (2013) Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita State (2014) Team vs Wichita State (2013) Team

Game Simulator: Matchup any two NCAA Teams from History and see how the game would play out.

Below are the results of this year's team playing last year's team home and away. At least according to these simulations, this year's team is the better team.

Wichita State (2013) is Home Team
    Matchup Simulation Stats

• This game has been simulated 10 times.
    • Wichita State (2013) has won 4 times (40.0%), won by > 20 pts 0 times (0.0%)
    • Wichita State (2014) has won 6 times (60.0%), won by > 20 pts 1 times (10.0%)
    • The average score is Wichita State (2013): 65.1 - Wichita State (2014): 68.5, decided by < 5 pts 1 times (10.0%)
    • The game has gone into overtime 1 times (10.0%)

Wichita State (2014) is Home Team
    Matchup Simulation Stats

• Wichita State (2014) has won 8 times (80.0%), won by > 20 pts 2 times (20.0%)
    • Wichita State (2013) has won 2 times (20.0%), won by > 20 pts 0 times (0.0%)
    • The average score is Wichita State (2014): 65.6 - Wichita State (2013): 56.6, decided by < 5 pts 3 times (30.0%)
    • The game has gone into overtime 1 times (10.0%)

Not buying it. Hall better than Carter, Orupke more valuable than KC and White better than CL plus MA.

Comment

And the 2012 team is probably better than both. It's a shame that team got VCU in the first, I would've liked to see a team with a few 4 year players go deep in the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
        And the 2012 team is probably better than both. It's a shame that team got VCU in the first, I would've liked to see a team with a few 4 year players go deep in the tournament.
        Anyone want to simulate them? I'll run it for the 2014 vs 2012 teams.

Comment

According to these results, the 2012 team is better.

Wichita State (2012) is Home Team
          Matchup Simulation Stats

• Wichita State (2012) has won 9 times (90.0%), won by > 20 pts 2 times (20.0%)
          • Wichita State (2014) has won 1 times (10.0%), won by > 20 pts 0 times (0.0%)
          • The average score is Wichita State (2012): 80.9 - Wichita State (2014): 68.6, decided by < 5 pts 3 times (30.0%)
          • The game has gone into overtime 0 times (0.0%)

There's 15 games on this because I couldn't get it to clear.

Wichita State (2014) is Home Team
          Matchup Simulation Stats

• This game has been simulated 15 times.
          • Wichita State (2014) has won 5 times (33.3%), won by > 20 pts 1 times (6.7%)
          • Wichita State (2012) has won 10 times (66.7%), won by > 20 pts 3 times (20.0%)
          • The average score is Wichita State (2014): 67.7 - Wichita State (2012): 75.3, decided by < 5 pts 4 times (26.7%)
          • The game has gone into overtime 0 times (0.0%)

Edit: I guess the total games include games by all people. I did a Louisville vs Wichita State simulation and it said this game has been simulated 342 times.
          Last edited by 1979Shocker; December 30, 2013, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
            Not buying it. Hall better than Carter, Orupke more valuable than KC and White better than CL plus MA.
            I can buy it.

Carter is now putting up similar numbers to Hall, so in a statistical simulation that's probably a wash. FVV isn't much of a downgrade from MA. Early/Baker/Cotton 2014 is better than Early/Baker/Cotton 2013. That difference, from a statistical standpoint, is obviously greater than the other differences.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
              Just wasn't our day that day. I can't even count the number of bunnies we missed. The ironic thing about that game also was that in spite of the vaunted Havoc defense we only had 12 turnovers in that game to 11 for VCU. We were 24-62 from the field. They hit exactly one more 3pt shot than we did, and that was the difference in the game.

VCU lost games that year where the winning teams had nearly 20 turnovers.

Back to back losses by a total of 4 points...

Box score for the VCU Rams vs. Wichita State Shockers NCAAM game from March 15, 2012 on ESPN. Includes all points, rebounds and steals stats.
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                Just wasn't our day that day.
                And that, my friends, is why last year was so magical. Everything (well, maybe not everything, after all, we didn't win it all) just fell into place and the Shox got on a roll. This team just might be better than last year's (Marshall even said last year he was expecting this year's team to be the one to go deep into the tourney) but it still doesn't guarantee a deep run or even a return to the F4. But I like our chances and am loving this season thus far.

Comment

There is obviously some kind of flaw in your programming.

Both teams have Cotton. Therefore your simulation is like comparing infinity against infinity.

You are lucky that the entire United States power grid is still functioning pulling such a calculation stunt like that.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                    There is obviously some kind of flaw in your programming.

Both teams have Cotton. Therefore your simulation is like comparing infinity against infinity.

You are lucky that the entire United States power grid is still functioning pulling such a calculation stunt like that.
                    You mean like the Irresistible force paradox?

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                      You mean like the Irresistible force paradox?
                      If you equate that principle to Cotton vs Cotton as a toddler, than yes. Obviously now, we are talking galactic proportions.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

What about cotton versus a hurricane named cotton?

Comment

wichita playoff

lets not forget the 2011 nit championship team...we should have gone to the big dance that year, who knows what can happen once you get the first one out of the way..

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                            Just wasn't our day that day. I can't even count the number of bunnies we missed. The ironic thing about that game also was that in spite of the vaunted Havoc defense we only had 12 turnovers in that game to 11 for VCU. We were 24-62 from the field. They hit exactly one more 3pt shot than we did, and that was the difference in the game.

VCU lost games that year where the winning teams had nearly 20 turnovers.

Back to back losses by a total of 4 points...

http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=320752724
                            From the very first shot, a wide open Ben Smith three pointer that was way off, you could tell it just wasn't gonna be our night.

Comment

That VCU game in 2012 was a nightmare. I was so depressed after that one that I swore that I would never ever watch basketball again after that night. Of course, waking up the next day to see Duke and Missouri both go down in 2-15 games eased the sting a little bit. That's NCAA Tournament action for you. It can be over in a hurry.
                              78-65

Comment

Working...
                              X