Shocks v. Salukis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks v. Salukis

Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 7:05pm CST The game will be carried by ESPN 3 and of course MK & BH on 1330 am and www.shockerradio.com

WSU is 13-0 and SIU is 4-9 but 3-2 at home.

The season begins anew with the start of Valley play. Everyone is now 0-0 and the grind to the Lou begins.

Go Shocks!
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

'probably about like today's game.. hopefully.

Comment

In San Antonio for the holidays (NE side)...

Anyone down here with suggestions on where to watch the game?
      That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

As someone with so-so internet, the ESPN3 thing annoys me. I'm fine with catching a Illinois State v Evansville game on ESPN3 and dealing with buffering every few minutes but I hate it when watching a Shocker game. Are there any bars that hook up their internet to the TV and stream it? I don't think Fox & Hound did it for the Indy State game that was ESPN3 only last year.

Comment

Breakfast food of Champion's = 77
          Breakfast food of Korean's = 69

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
            As someone with so-so internet, the ESPN3 thing annoys me. I'm fine with catching a Illinois State v Evansville game on ESPN3 and dealing with buffering every few minutes but I hate it when watching a Shocker game. Are there any bars that hook up their internet to the TV and stream it? I don't think Fox & Hound did it for the Indy State game that was ESPN3 only last year.
            Mine doesn't buffer or cause noticeable display issues. Looks good for me in HD. Might be your internet speed.

Comment

shocks 75 salukies 61

Comment

I would highly recommend a Roku or Apple TV for watching on your own TV.

I have the best Cox tier and most of the time ESPN3 is great for me ... until it is a shocker game I want to watch and it goes to hell.

Comment

Shockers win 78-60

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                    Jons Ale House downtown next to the eagle usually has the esp 3 games on one tv

Comment

Originally posted by Metalkatz View Post
                      Mine doesn't buffer or cause noticeable display issues. Looks good for me in HD. Might be your internet speed.
                      I know my internet speed is an issue but ESPN is also at fault a little bit. I can stream things like Netflix and "First Row" perfectly fine (not at an HD quality, but at an acceptable quality) but ESPN3 causes an issue because it likes to fluctuate quality. While I'm watching a game on ESPN3 it will switch to HD for 10 seconds but my internet can't handle that, so it buffers and pauses while it switches back to a quality that my internet can handle which results in an endless loop of switching/buffering between high/medium quality. Sometimes I can get around the issue by watching ESPN3 games on First Row but that's not always an option. I'm unaware of any way to "lock" ESPN3 into a lower quality so it doesn't switch while viewing.

Comment

I hope the troops are reminded of the fact that we lost in Carbondale on a phantom goaltending call last year.

Play Angry and with vengeance.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Shockers are holding their opponents 8.5 pts below their average on the season and scoring +5 more than their opponent average defense.

WSU 74, SIU 58

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            I hope the troops are reminded of the fact that we lost in Carbondale on a phantom goaltending call last year.

Play Angry and with vengeance.
                            I'm confident more than one member of the coaching staff will focus on this little truism between now and Thursday.

While I'm certain there will be some level of empathy because Gregg likes Barry and his penchant for being direct, I am equally certain there will be a heightened amount of anger on display.

Comment

There will be a game where we will come up short and not display Shocker basketball and the play angry style. This will not be that game.

Shox 80
                              SIU 58

Comment

Working...
                              X