Not so long ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not so long ago

I used to live in St. Louis and would drive back to Wichita for every home game. This was during the Scott Thompson years. I think everyone thought I was nuts including my beautiful wife who I would drag along with me.

I remember how all of the MU fans, SIU and Missouri State and even Bradley fans would poke fun at me before each road trip and would try to convince me that WSU would never again be a powerhouse on the National scene...mostly Missouri fans.

I quietly laugh to myself when these guys looks at ESPN or the newspaper and are reminded constantly that WSU is ranked in the top 10 and that our trip to the Final Four last year was no fluke. Might have happened sooner had our NIT Championship team not been screwed out of an invite but oh well...I like that banner also.

What a fantastic year of basketball it's been but something tells me that this year is going to be really special.

I love my Shocks but I don't know if I would drive for every home game from St Lewis. That takes some commitment. So are you still married to the same woman?

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
      I used to live in St. Louis and would drive back to Wichita for every home game. This was during the Scott Thompson years. I think everyone thought I was nuts including my beautiful wife who I would drag along with me.

I remember how all of the MU fans, SIU and Missouri State and even Bradley fans would poke fun at me before each road trip and would try to convince me that WSU would never again be a powerhouse on the National scene...mostly Missouri fans.

I quietly laugh to myself when these guys looks at ESPN or the newspaper and are reminded constantly that WSU is ranked in the top 10 and that our trip to the Final Four last year was no fluke. Might have happened sooner had our NIT Championship team not been screwed out of an invite but oh well...I like that banner also.

What a fantastic year of basketball it's been but something tells me that this year is going to be really special.
      I admire your commitment--especially for the time frame you mention...Scott Thompson? That is why Shocker fans are the best--kudos to you.

I agree...this team and year are special. It has been a lot of fun to see their success and much-deserved national recognition. Here's to hoping that success continues through April.

Comment

(In the following post I will tease the OP but info so with love)

First, you know you're crazy right? I-70 between KC and StL makes me want to murder and I only drive it twice a year.

But to be fair back in those days gas was like 70 cents a gallon so you could fill up for a tenner! Plus I probably would take any excuse to leave StL.

Comment

Yes we are still married and at the time I drove a Honda Civic so back in those days double income, no kids = no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
            Yes we are still married and at the time I drove a Honda Civic so back in those days double income, no kids = no problem.
            I remember being a DINK... I love my kids, but, damn it was great while it lasted!
            Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

Working...
            X