No announcement yet.

Robert Elmore SHOF!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder if there is somebody we can reach out to in order to sway the announcer pairings for this date? I sure would like to see Len here if truly wishes to be.

Comment

friend sent me this today [img]Danny Ainge Pic[/img]
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Spoke with Len tonight. He will be at the game this Saturday now.
        ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
        www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

Great news. Is Len calling the game or simply able to get the night off from ESPN?

Comment

Originally posted by EB 22 View Post
            Via Twitter?

Comment

Hopefully he will be calling it. I'm sure that would be a great honor for him.
              The Assman

Comment

Per Suellentrop's twitter, Len will be calling the game Saturday.

Comment

Len and Mark Adams will be calling.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                    Len and Mark Adams will be calling.
                    That seems a bit weird as both are more of the analyst type. I remember watching a bit of the Missouri-NC State a couple weeks ago, and Jimmy Dykes and Fran Fraschilla were doing the game. It was a bit strange to watch it because both were taking the role of analyst and neither were taking the lead and doing play-by-play. Hmmm....

Anyway, I am glad that Len gets to come to Wichita for this game. It should be very meaningful for him.

Now that the folks in Bristol made that proper switch, can we please get a College Gameday appearance...or at least a big-name annoucing crew? Vitale and his PBP guy maybe? They've asked for it on TV....however serious they might have actually been about it. A couple years back, I know Jay Bilas said that CKA is the arena he has yet to visit that he'd most like to. Yes, I know that Carolina-Duke is a very intense rivalry, but let's use a little more imagination with some of these Game Day options.
                    78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                      That seems a bit weird as both are more of the analyst type. I remember watching a bit of the Missouri-NC State a couple weeks ago, and Jimmy Dykes and Fran Fraschilla were doing the game. It was a bit strange to watch it because both were taking the role of analyst and neither were taking the lead and doing play-by-play. Hmmm....

Anyway, I am glad that Len gets to come to Wichita for this game. It should be very meaningful for him.

Now that the folks in Bristol made that proper switch, can we please get a College Gameday appearance...or at least a big-name annoucing crew? Vitale and his PBP guy maybe? They've asked for it on TV....however serious they might have actually been about it. A couple years back, I know Jay Bilas said that CKA is the arena he has yet to visit that he'd most like to. Yes, I know that Carolina-Duke is a very intense rivalry, but let's use a little more imagination with some of these Game Day options.
                      College Gameday is the next "big step" the program needs to increase its brand nationally on ESPN. but Gameday is a massive undertaking and it's a huge deal for the place that gets to host it.

WSU needs a valley school to get good enough that Gameday is willing to come to Wichita or they need to schedule a later in the season (mid-january) non-conference opponent that is "marquee enough" for Gameday to come.
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

I'm thinking that it was originally Mark Adams and a play-by-play guy, but Len made it known that he wanted to be here. Mark Adams really, really wants to be here as well. Anyone who reads his Twitter knows how much he loves watching us play. So instead of replacing the color guy, which would be Adams, they just decided to replace the play-by-play guy. Again, that's all speculation, but given the situation I don't think it's too far off.

It'll be interesting for sure with two color guys, but I think they'll do a fine job.

Comment

Mark tweeted last night, "ESPN Media Zone reports Indiana St @ #5 Wichita St announcers @RichOnSports @Enthusiadams @LenElmore 4pm est ESPN2. #honoredtoworkw/LEN"

So my guess is that @RichOnSports who is Rich Hollenberg will be doing the play-by-play and that Mark and Len will be doing the analyst rolls.
                          Shox-4-Life

Comment

Originally posted by KochHead22 View Post
                            Mark tweeted last night, "ESPN Media Zone reports Indiana St @ #5 Wichita St announcers @RichOnSports @Enthusiadams @LenElmore 4pm est ESPN2. #honoredtoworkw/LEN"

So my guess is that @RichOnSports who is Rich Hollenberg will be doing the play-by-play and that Mark and Len will be doing the analyst rolls.
                            Well, guess I was way off then. In any event, I'm glad to see ESPN making changes that will allow Len to be here for this moment. I'm sure it means a lot to him to finally see his brother be inducted in the SHOF.

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
                              Via Twitter?
                              Christoph.... nope us older guys like to use the phone to discuss things instead of social media.
                              ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
                              www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

Christoph.... nope us older guys like to use the phone to discuss things instead of social media.
                                How dare you reveal my identity. I think my head may explode in 3..... 2..... 1......

Comment

Working...
                                X