Davidson Official Pregame thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davidson Official Pregame thread

(If there is a Davidson thread elsewhere, please delete this thread.)

I saw some of the Davidson v. North Carolina game.

It went to overtime. NC had its hands full. NC was lucky it did not lose in regulation. Very lucky.

I am pretty sure that Tekele will be guarding #3 for Davidson. His name is Brian Sullivan. He scored 33. Ironically, if #3 had shot better from the line, Davidson would have won.
    Last edited by Ricardo del Rio; December 22, 2013, 10:53 AM.
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Davidson had a lot of turnovers in that game, and couldn't handle the pressure defense.
    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Just wait til #3 has to face Tekele.

Comment

Box score for the North Carolina Tar Heels vs. Davidson Wildcats NCAAM game from December 21, 2013 on ESPN. Includes all points, rebounds and steals stats.

Davidson had 53 personal fouls and turnovers. How in the world did they manage to force overtime?
        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
          http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400502747

Davidson had 53 personal fouls and turnovers. How in the world did they manage to force overtime?
          46% shooting from field and shot 39% from 3pt (they had 6 more 3pt makes than UNC). Also rebounded the offensive boards pretty well and even though they turned it over quite a bit, UNC also turned it over a bit.

Comment

I didn't watch the game but it sounds as if it was ugly. They will show up ready to play. That is all that needs to be worried about.

Comment

I just had a look at Davidson's schedule so far...it's insane!!
              @Duke
              vs. MilW
              vs. UVA
              vs. Georgia
              vs. Clemson
              vs. New Mexico
              @ Stetson
              @ Charlotte
              vs. Niagara
              vs. Drexel
              @ NC

That accounts for their awful record, but still. Three top 25 teams, plus really solid groups from Drexel, Charlotte, Georgia, and Clemson. They must have a super high SOS. We better not look past these guys! Nor the guys we're playing tonight for that matter. I'm not concerned.
              "The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning."
              -- Pele

Comment

Davidson could very well end up with a 200+ RPI but they're actually a halfway decent team. Certainly one of those "nothing to gain, everything to lose" games. Thanks BracketBusters.

Anyone know if we're playing @ Detroit next year or is this our official goodbye to BracketBusters?

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                  Davidson could very well end up with a 200+ RPI but they're actually a halfway decent team. Certainly one of those "nothing to gain, everything to lose" games. Thanks BracketBusters.

Anyone know if we're playing @ Detroit next year or is this our official goodbye to BracketBusters?
                  I suppose it's possible that's where they'll end up, but I think it's highly unlikely.

First, the preseason POY in the Southern Conference, De'Mon Brooks missed 6 games prior to the UNC game. He leads the team in scoring. Davidson is projected to finish 202 in the RPI at 14-15. They aren't going to lose 6 games in conference if healthy. They are simply too good.

Comment

I think NCCU will have provided more of a test than Davidson will. We'll blow these 'cats out of the gym :applause:

Comment

Frankly, Davidson has sucked in every game this year except the UNC and Charlotte tilts- I've watched them in person once and on television three times. They are not good. That does not mean they can't rack up a lot of wins in a downright horrible league after New Year's, however, and effect a slightly positive impact on our RPI/SoS. They are soft as french cheese down low and their perimeter shooters (typically a strength for this program) lack consistency/have the footspeed of Rick Conn. Their 3FG % is .294 so far this season, which is downright horrible for a team of slow "sharpshooters" who regularly run set plays for 20 foot looks. They also really, really miss Jake Cohen at the 5.

McKillop is a good coach though and he can probably rally his troops to give an inspired effort on Sunday. No doubt they remember the humiliating whooping we put on them at Belk Arena a couple years ago and are not eager for a repeat of that outcome.

Comment

Every team has a stand out effort against us. I would expect no less from Davidson. Nothing to lose, leave it all on the floor will be the way Davidson will approach this. I only saw them against NC and they found a way to lose that game when it was theirs. I don't see that happening here but I expect a hard fought win for the angry Wheat.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                          Frankly, Davidson has sucked in every game this year except the UNC and Charlotte tilts- I've watched them in person once and on television three times. They are not good. That does not mean they can't rack up a lot of wins in a downright horrible league after New Year's, however, and effect a slightly positive impact on our RPI/SoS. They are soft as french cheese down low and their perimeter shooters (typically a strength for this program) lack consistency/have the footspeed of Rick Conn. Their 3FG % is .294 so far this season, which is downright horrible for a team of slow "sharpshooters" who regularly run set plays for 20 foot looks. They also really, really miss Jake Cohen at the 5.

McKillop is a good coach though and he can probably rally his troops to give an inspired effort on Sunday. No doubt they remember the humiliating whooping we put on them at Belk Arena a couple years ago and are not eager for a repeat of that outcome.
                          I think this may be somewhat misleading as they lost their top big man and preseason conference player of the year for the six games before UNC, he had a big game against the Tar Heels, and fouled out just before overtime (surprise surprise, NC ran away with it in ot).

Well they be tougher than NCC? Hard to say. But I'm willing to bet they are a lot tougher now, and will likely have a better rpi at the end of the year.

Also heard they are going to the a-10 next year. That will be a good move for them. Wish we could do something similar.
                          You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Like I said, I expect them to perform fine in SoCon play and be a slight positive on our RPI/SoS (probably finishing in the 100-150 range themselves). They are certainly not total crap but I just wanted to get out ahead of the usual "Tennessee State is no joke guys, this will be a stern test for our guys and would be a very good win" sandbagging on here.

This is still the same team that lost to UWM at home and by 30+ against Clemson with Brooks. Without him, they lost at RPI 300+ Niagara.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                              Like I said, I expect them to perform fine in SoCon play and be a slight positive on our RPI/SoS (probably finishing in the 100-150 range themselves). They are certainly not total crap but I just wanted to get out ahead of the usual "Tennessee State is no joke guys, this will be a stern test for our guys and would be a very good win" sandbagging on here.

This is still the same team that lost to UWM at home and by 30+ against Clemson with Brooks. Without him, they lost at RPI 300+ Niagara.
                              I can agree with that, I don't think this will go in the "good win" category. But this team can be dangerous.
                              You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Working...
                              X