NCCU flight cancelled from ATL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCCU flight cancelled from ATL

Our daughter's flight routed through ATL to ICT was cancelled this afternoon. NCCU team was on it. She said it looks like that they're splitting-up to get them to ICT in various smaller groups. This could get interesting.

--'85.
    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Let's all say a prayer to get them all here safe and sound. Their safety comes before a basketball game, just as it does when our beloved Shockers are traveling.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
      Let's all say a prayer to get them all here safe and sound. Their safety comes before a basketball game, just as it does when our beloved Shockers are traveling.
      Amen.

Comment

They won't get in until 2 hours before game time

Comment

Originally posted by shocker22 View Post
          They won't get in until 2 hours before game time

source?
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
            source?
            Their coach via twitter.
            Professional gas passer.

Comment

ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Doesn't seem fair does it? I say we forfeit the game. Give em the win for all their trouble. What do you guys think? :bball_spin:
                "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

It isn't fair. I feel bad for them and want their best shot. Hope our guys still don't overlook the game.
                  Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

They're probably being fairly compensated for their troubles.

Comment

The adrenaline will be FLOWING from them due to this trouble getting here JUST IN TIME. I'm thinking they play out of their minds for their big game with #10 Wichita St. Adversity brings out the best in athletes a lot of the times. Shocks MUST bring their A-game the first half to not fall too far behind at halftime. Don't want NCCU thinking they can steal one on the road against a ranked opponent. C'mon Shocks!!! BRING IT!!!!!!
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                        The adrenaline will be FLOWING from them due to this trouble getting here JUST IN TIME. I'm thinking they play out of their minds for their big game with #10 Wichita St. Adversity brings out the best in athletes a lot of the times. Shocks MUST bring their A-game the first half to not fall too far behind at halftime. Don't want NCCU thinking they can steal one on the road against a ranked opponent. C'mon Shocks!!! BRING IT!!!!!!
                        I was thinking the same thing. You never know when what looks like a bad break will be turned into an X factor

Comment

The channel 12 weather channel said airport delays at Atlanta and Wichita were both zero minutes. I wonder why their flight was cancellekf
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                            The channel 12 weather channel said airport delays at Atlanta and Wichita were both zero minutes. I wonder why their flight was cancellekf
                            I've heard some airlines, American in particular, has been known to cancel flights from Chicago to Wichita because it's not full. They'll find some other "official" reason so they don't get in trouble for it. The company I work for has some installers coming back from Canada last weekend who had that happen.

Or channel 12's data was incorrect.

Comment

Upon further review, I think the problem was KWCH. Mid-Continent's flight status page shows numerous delays.

Comment

Working...
                              X