A coach can only do so much

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilshock
    I agree with you cold. We have not played close to our talent. I blam it on the coaches because we can see it but they cant? I think Marshall is used to playing in a weak conf. and not used to being in a mid major. If you listen to him he will say we dont have the talent or something but he has no real answers. Mark took us to the sweet 16 with a no talent team. If people remember we used to get soo mad at Paul Miller because he had no talent. But we still beat Tenn. My point is we have a ton of talent and for some strange reason we cant do anything with it. I'm just mad. Now lets go take it out on ISU. :-x
    That Sweet 16 team had a lot more talent than this one. Winthrop has had a lot more talent than we've had in the past. Some people didn't think Miller had it in him and many of us thought those people were wrong. We had multiple outside threats, more depth and experience and no injuries. Comparing what we had two years ago to what we have now is absurd.

Yes, this team should have won a few more games. With as beat up as they've been though they've played pretty well for the most part. They've competed and played hard but just haven't come out on top. Mark never would have made the S16 had he had to deal with an injury to the one player who couldnt afford to lose (Miller). The success of that team began with Miller and his ability to create an inside out game.

UE was the first time in conference that I've been really disappointed in this team. They simply quit putting forth any kind of effort. That's unacceptable. Despite losing PJ, Phil and Matt this season, we'll have more talent as a whole on next years team. It will again be inexperienced but they'll develop and we'll be better than this season. In two years, I expect us to be back towards the top of the Valley.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by fastbow
      Next year's leader will be Garrett Stutz.
      I hope not. A freshman coming in and trying to lead a college team. Hopefully Gal and Ramon will spend a summer and with Coach Marshall and learn more vocal leadership.

I am not going to point the finger anywhere for the reason the Shockers are losing because that is not my job as a Shocker Fan to point the finger. My job is to scream, yell, wear the gold no matter how the Shockers are doing.

Beat the tar out of those darn sycamores.

Go Shox!!!
      Shocker Forever!!

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
        Originally posted by lilshock
        I agree with you cold. We have not played close to our talent. I blam it on the coaches because we can see it but they cant? I think Marshall is used to playing in a weak conf. and not used to being in a mid major. If you listen to him he will say we dont have the talent or something but he has no real answers. Mark took us to the sweet 16 with a no talent team. If people remember we used to get soo mad at Paul Miller because he had no talent. But we still beat Tenn. My point is we have a ton of talent and for some strange reason we cant do anything with it. I'm just mad. Now lets go take it out on ISU. :-x
        That Sweet 16 team had a lot more talent than this one. Winthrop has had a lot more talent than we've had in the past. Some people didn't think Miller had it in him and many of us thought those people were wrong. We had multiple outside threats, more depth and experience and no injuries. Comparing what we had two years ago to what we have now is absurd.

Yes, this team should have won a few more games. With as beat up as they've been though they've played pretty well for the most part. They've competed and played hard but just haven't come out on top. Mark never would have made the S16 had he had to deal with an injury to the one player who couldnt afford to lose (Miller). The success of that team began with Miller and his ability to create an inside out game.

UE was the first time in conference that I've been really disappointed in this team. They simply quit putting forth any kind of effort. That's unacceptable. Despite losing PJ, Phil and Matt this season, we'll have more talent as a whole on next years team. It will again be inexperienced but they'll develop and we'll be better than this season. In two years, I expect us to be back towards the top of the Valley.

Perfectly Said
        Shocker Forever!!

Comment

I am in total agreement. The new kids coming in will have us in the top 3 in the valley their soph year. I am very excited, however, to see the run I expect from Matt and PJ to finish out the season.

Comment

Working...
          X