athletes or basketball players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• athletes or basketball players

Let me start off this post by saying that we have a team full of ballers. Maybe we don't have the burger boys or five star guys the pundits like to rosterbate to all off season, but we have a team full of guys who are athletic enough to be very skilled basketball players. This is not that mid major tourney team that sets pick after pick for their chosen one. Not a team that jacks up three after three all game.

When I hear other fans saying that their team is more athletic (even if they aren't) I always think of the sentiment from Moneyball. To the effect of "we aren't looking for Jean models."

There isn't a team in the ncaa that is so athletic that our ballets couldn't keep up. Maybe they would lose the high jump, or the 100 meter or the eye test. But that's boring. Basketball is fun, winning is the best. 11 so far.

Chitown out

Nailed it man! Good post.
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by chitown_shocker View Post
      Let me start off this post by saying that we have a team full of ballers. Maybe we don't have the burger boys or five star guys the pundits like to rosterbate to all off season, but we have a team full of guys who are athletic enough to be very skilled basketball players. This is not that mid major tourney team that sets pick after pick for their chosen one. Not a team that jacks up three after three all game.

When I hear other fans saying that their team is more athletic (even if they aren't) I always think of the sentiment from Moneyball. To the effect of "we aren't looking for Jean models."

There isn't a team in the ncaa that is so athletic that our ballets couldn't keep up. Maybe they would lose the high jump, or the 100 meter or the eye test. But that's boring. Basketball is fun, winning is the best. 11 so far.

Chitown out
      We shall see how it goes. Will be tested tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
        We shall see how it goes. Will be tested tomorrow.
        At practice?

Comment

In some ways, yes.

Comment

Chitown out
            The difference between our team and those other teams you talk about is pretty simple:
            1. HCGM looks for the best athletes he can get
            2. that have good character
            3. are good students
            4. come from good families
            5. are coachable and willing to buy into to teamwork and playing defense first
            The other teams look for athletes first, and when they find them don't worry nearly as much about 2-5.
            Last edited by jocoshock; December 21, 2013, 12:24 AM.
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Nail meet hammer. Sure Self has assembled a group of athletic burger boys but they're soft. I'll stick with Fred, Tekele and Ron.

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                The difference between our team and those other teams you talk about is pretty simple:
                1. HCGM looks for the best athletes he can get
                2. that have good character
                3. are good students
                4. come from good families
                5. are coachable and willing to buy into to teamwork and playing defense first
                The other teams look for athletes first, and when they find them don't worry nearly as much about 2-6.
                What's 6?
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                  What's 6?
                  Fixed. 2-5
                  Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Working...
                  X