WSU vs North Carolina Central

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
    Not weak -- I just don't like driving on slick roads. I also have a problem with night vision and when the lights glare off wet roads it makes it all that much worse. Does anyone know if they will have the parking lots clear so you can at least park if you manage to get there. And by the way, I was at the UAB game back in '07. I didn't say I wouldn't drive on it, just that I didn't LIKE driving on it.
    I'm pretty sure nobody likes driving on it. However, we got like 3 or 4 inches with most of it already over. The sun will be out tomorrow and the roads will be cleared off and mostly dry by game time. You're getting too caught up in it. This is pretty much a non-event.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• look for ncc to be relieved and full of joy to finally get on the court. tough game, coming up. they'll probably start strong.. a 'la every shocker opponent thus far.

(and of course they, ncc, embarrassed nc state at their place, too, snow storm or not. but they'll, ncc, probably get a kick out of the snow like siu did here two years ago)

to wit: 'shockers must bring their A+ game. ncc wants revenge for last years opener, and they are more than capable of getting it, even against a good home team like wichita state.

please don't let me/us/you down kadunk and lufile.
      Last edited by another shocker; December 22, 2013, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• WSU really does a good job in getting the parking lots clear for games. Please don't make me a liar because I do that on my own enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
          WSU really does a good job in getting the parking lots clear for games. Please don't make me a liar because I do that on my own enough.
          I hope the crews worked all night because the Women are hosting a tournament and that means cars in the lots to work around if they wait until Sunday morning.
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• A few numbers to chew on:

Over the last 5 seasons (including this one so far) WSU is 63-10 against non conference opponents. .863

Of those 10 losses, 30% were to teams that played in the Final Four. 80% were NCAA teams. The other 2 NIT.

WSU is 16-5 against so called BCS teams (by my count). .761

Numbers like that get you top 8 seeds every year if you're in a BCS conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              Wasn't there a UMKC game around that same time that was pretty bad??
              The Saturday before UAB in KC.
              78-65

Comment

• 6 NCCU players and a coach seen boarding a flight from MSP to ICT just departing MSP.

(Cross-posted, sorry. Wanted most to see it.)

Last edited by ShockBand; December 22, 2013, 10:41 AM. Reason: Fix text color
                Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  A few numbers to chew on:

Over the last 5 seasons (including this one so far) WSU is 63-10 against non conference opponents. .863

Of those 10 losses, 30% were to teams that played in the Final Four. 80% were NCAA teams. The other 2 NIT.

WSU is 16-5 against so called BCS teams (by my count). .761

Numbers like that get you top 8 seeds every year if you're in a BCS conference.

Great insight, Dr. Thanks.

I wanted to see the home/road/neutral record and did the numbers and came up with the following:

Home games: 33-1
                  Road Games: 10-3
                  Neutral: 20-6
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                    With the roads the way they will be, wonder how many of our outlying fans will be able to make it to the game. Actually I wouldn't mind the game being postponed or cancelled. As you say, it will rest Baker's ankle and Kadeem's toe. Shaq and Cotton's heads are too hard to hurt much plus I'm no fan of driving in this crap.
                    Nay!!!! I'm here from NYC with exactly one opportunity to see my beloved Shockers play this season...it better happen!
                    "The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning."
                    -- Pele

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                      Great insight, Dr. Thanks.

I wanted to see the home/road/neutral record and did the numbers and came up with the following:

Home games: 33-1
                      Road Games: 10-3
                      Neutral: 20-6
                      That home loss was a Creighton-level screwjob so I'm just going to pretend we've been undefeated at home.

Comment

• I'm gonna bring back the predicting game:

We are down by 6 at half. In the second half, we play well, but not perfect. Just some more scrappy basketball that gives us a 7 point win. Then on Monday morning, we drop another spot in the rankings.

Shockers - 76
                        Eagles - 69

Comment

• I think everything clicks in this one. Up 7 at half, extend the lead to 20 before tightening a little down the stretch partly with the deep bench.

Home-cooking 80
                          Jet lag 68
                          Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Anyone know the Vegas Odds?
                              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Pregame analysis and predictions of the Wichita State Shockers vs. North Carolina Central Eagles NCAAM game to be played on December 22, 2013 on ESPN.
                                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                                X