WSU vs North Carolina Central

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
    With the roads the way they will be, wonder how many of our outlying fans will be able to make it to the game. Actually I wouldn't mind the game being postponed or cancelled. As you say, it will rest Baker's ankle and Kadeem's toe. Shaq and Cotton's heads are too hard to hurt much plus I'm no fan of driving in this crap.
    If you recall a few years ago there was a BLIZZARD going on at game time - it didn't stop Shocker fans from showing up - this is just a little storm that only going to drop a couple inches.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
      If you recall a few years ago there was a BLIZZARD going on at game time - it didn't stop Shocker fans from showing up - this is just a little storm that only going to drop a couple inches.
      Anybody remember when that was? And against who?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        Anybody remember when that was? And against who?
        Wasn't it UAB in 07?

Comment

• Can't remember. I do remember that we passed 28 vehicles in the ditches on the way to ICT.

Comment

• It was. We got stuck getting out of my driveway about 1 foot into the street. Still made it in time for "The Impression that I Get" from the band.

Comment

By tomorrow eve, driving should be no prob.
              Hope you are right, plan on coming from Iola.
              THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

Comment

• UNI or SIU?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                  Wasn't it UAB in 07?
                  Correct. UAB in 3G's first year right before Christmas. He was not a fan of the snow. I remember him saying on radio afterwards that he doesn't understand why people "dream of a White Christmas." The game was delayed an hour to get the officials there. Not a full crowd but under the circumstances, it was a GREAT crowd.
                  78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                    Not a full crowd but under the circumstances, it was a GREAT crowd.
                    A crowd that Marshall talks about in interviews to this day. It impressed him.
                    There are nights when I think that Sal Paradise was right.

Comment

• it took 3 hrs from W. Wichita. They let you park wherever as they cleared the lots. Many people worked their way closer to the court as the game went along, and the team responded to the effort we made to be there.

Many hung out a while as crews were out working on the streets. It was a GREAT day to be a Shocker.

Comment

Can't remember. I do remember that we passed 28 vehicles in the ditches on the way to ICT.
                        I remember that. Parking was comical.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                          With the roads the way they will be, wonder how many of our outlying fans will be able to make it to the game. Actually I wouldn't mind the game being postponed or cancelled. As you say, it will rest Baker's ankle and Kadeem's toe. Shaq and Cotton's heads are too hard to hurt much plus I'm no fan of driving in this crap.
                          Weak, very weak.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Wasn't there a UMKC game around that same time that was pretty bad??
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                              I always like our chances when a team leans heavily on one dominant guard. Gives us a shot of going for the TKO.
                              You mean like Colt Ryan?
                              10/18
                              3/6
                              29 pts
                              39 min
                              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                                Weak, very weak.
                                Not weak -- I just don't like driving on slick roads. I also have a problem with night vision and when the lights glare off wet roads it makes it all that much worse. Does anyone know if they will have the parking lots clear so you can at least park if you manage to get there. And by the way, I was at the UAB game back in '07. I didn't say I wouldn't drive on it, just that I didn't LIKE driving on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X