3. Duke
    4. UCLA
    5. Indiana
    6. Louisville
    7. UConn
    8. Syracuse
    9. KU
    10. Michigan State

Based on a combo of NCAA titles, historical success, fan support and how big of douches their fans are.

You obviously under-weighted the DB fan factor in your equation. KU is drastically too low in light of such.

Comment

We would be in the top 10 if we hadnt banned Cold
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

What is the algorithm for calculating the DBR? (Douche Bag Rating)
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

http://ericinabottle.blogspot.com/20...alculator.html Here is the calculator I found.
          This made me realize that we need a Douchebag Calculator, so I calculated a simple formula that will help you determine how douchey you are. Follow these easy steps:

1) Run the New York City Marathon
          2) Calculate your place number in the race
          3) Calculate the number of days you wore your metal around your neck. (The day of the marathon is 1, the day after is 2, etc.)
          4) Multiply those two numbers. You have your D-Bag Number.

Example: I ran the New York City Marathon two years ago. And guess what? The medal never even touched my neck. I don't even know what happened to it. I'm so goddam humble that I didn't even want to wear the foil cape they offer runners when they pass the finish line, to protect them from the cold, because I didn't want to stand out. So my D-bag level is:

3,364 (my place) x 0 (the days I wore my medal) = 0.
          I am not a douche bag.

This system is totally fair, because even Meb Keflezighi, who came in first in 2009, isn't free from douchebagedness. Say he was to wear the medal for 43,235 days. His douchebag level would be 43,235, because he got first place. In the same vein, Ann Gaus, who placed 43,235th , would receive the same score if she wore her medal for one day.

Now consult the list below to see where you fall on the Tapestry of D-bags.

1-100 A little douchey
          101-500 A sack of douche
          501-1,000 Minor in Douchbaggery
          1,001-10,000 Senor Douche, M.D.
          10,001-100,000 Douche-O-Ramma
          100,001-500,000 Douche Tsunami
          500,001 + President of Planet Douche
          I have to keep working, so someone else can figure how to use it to make Phongers come out on top with Dan Muller.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
            Here's my list

1. Kentucky
            2. North Carolina
            3. Duke
            4. UCLA
            5. Indiana
            6. Louisville
            7. UConn
            8. Syracuse
            9. KU
            10. Michigan State

Based on a combo of NCAA titles, historical success, fan support and how big of douches their fans are.
            With historical success and titles more heavily weighted than fan support and douchiness:

1. UCLA
            2. UNC
            3. Kentucky
            4. Duke
            5. Indiana
            6. KU
            7. UConn
            8. Louisville
            9. Michigan State
            10. Syracuse

1-6 are your traditional "blue bloods," 7-10 are your borderline blue bloods.

In terms of douchiness:

1. Kentucky
            2. Kentucky
            3. Kentucky
            4. Kentucky
            5. KU
            6. KU
            7. Duke
            8. UNC
            9. UCLA
            10. UConn
            99. Louisville
            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Agree with RMS except UNC fans may be a little douchier

Comment

ucla #1 with 11 ncaa titles. no contest, although the next two might piss and moan.
                uk#2
                unc #3
                iu #4 branch mccracken, robert knight, '76 undefeated
                duke #5 before krychewski there was bubas

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                  With historical success and titles more heavily weighted than fan support and douchiness:

1. UCLA
                  2. UNC
                  3. Kentucky
                  4. Duke
                  5. Indiana
                  6. KU
                  7. UConn
                  8. Louisville
                  9. Michigan State
                  10. Syracuse

1-6 are your traditional "blue bloods," 7-10 are your borderline blue bloods.

In terms of douchiness:

1. Kentucky
                  2. Kentucky
                  3. Kentucky
                  4. Kentucky
                  5. KU
                  6. KU
                  7. Duke
                  8. UNC
                  9. UCLA
                  10. UConn
                  99. Louisville
                  Duke was one missed hiring away from being Loyola Chicago. Coach K IS that program. Now that he's done what he's done, they are blue bloods. As such, I'd rank them below Indiana and KU.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

I agree with Duke being too high and I think KU should move in front of Indiana on their long term strength.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                      Duke was one missed hiring away from being Loyola Chicago. Coach K IS that program. Now that he's done what he's done, they are blue bloods. As such, I'd rank them below Indiana and KU.
                      that's just plain ignorant. they played in the national championship game in '78 under bill foster, two or three years, at the most, before k was hired. vic bubas had north carolina on lockdown in the fifties and up to mid-sixties.. duke was a superpower then, just like they are now. you think coach k started that? that's like saying that wichita state is what they are only because of gregg marshall.. no, winthrop is what they are only because of gregg marshall.

Comment

Gotta put Duke and Indiana above KU based on national championships. I guess KU might be tied with UCONN maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                          Gotta put Duke and Indiana above KU based on national championships. I guess KU might be tied with UCONN maybe?
                          it all starts in '36 (or maybe '39, 'going off the top of my head), in spite of that claptrap they spout in lawrence. ku has three national championships (allenx1, brownx1 and selfx1). indiana has five national championships (mccrackenx2 and knightx3).
                          Last edited by another shocker; December 18, 2013, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Louisville should be in the top 10 for d-bags...
                            Just saying

EDIT: they should be tied with UK...

Comment

Originally posted by wushock27 View Post
                              Louisville should be in the top 10 for d-bags...
                              Just saying
                              well, maybe. uk avoided them for 40 years, similar to the wichita state-kansas u boondoggle.. they also had to do it the hard way. but they got it done.

Comment

Working...
                              X