Barry's Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
    I wonder if Barry's wife has any eligibility left?
    Even if she doesn't she can come in and show them how to shot fake it.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
      Yes, HCGM is much more apt to call a player out, and it might get him in trouble some day, but as one columnist said, "Marshall has never found a bush worth beating around."
      One caveat: When Marshall has been publicly critical, he has also stated that he was, "saying things he had already told the player." This rant was funny, but from a leadership point of view, unless these things had been communicated directly to the players beforehand, this is atrocious behavior for a coach.

Comment

evidently one of the players didn't like being called a mamma's boy

after that one of the SIU players rips Hinson in his twitter -
        "I can't believe the little man had the nerve to call us mama's boys. Smh. I guess this is where Our team learns to point the finger."
        https://twitter.com/Drinkard_04/stat...68431676923904
        The twitter post has since been taken down or made private.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Awesome!

Barry's wife getting a lot of play there.
          for once...

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
            evidently one of the players didn't like being called a mamma's boy

The twitter post has since been taken down or made private.
            You're about 24 hours late on that nugget, SB.

Reading is your friend. :good:
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
              One caveat: When Marshall has been publicly critical, he has also stated that he was, "saying things he had already told the player." This rant was funny, but from a leadership point of view, unless these things had been communicated directly to the players beforehand, this is atrocious behavior for a coach.
              If a player, in this case Marcus, was truly horrible you would hope that they knew that already. If they are finding out in a news conference that they played horribly then there are bigger issues at hand other then one game's performance.

Still, I'm not for sure how I feel about the rant myself. There are definite pros and cons.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                You're about 24 hours late on that nugget, SB.

Reading is your friend. :good:
                And I thought I was breaking some news....

Comment

Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
                  Most likely that particular player has probably had ongoing issues for some time. It's doubtful that Barry would have just called him out on national TV for only playing bad in one game. Listening to his descriptions of kids rolling their eyes and dropping their heads it seems pretty clear that they all have probably known how he feels for some time. Maybe this will motivate them to do something. I have to admit, I'd let my kids play for him. I am a Barry apologist though and feel that we don't see enough of that fire and intensity these days. Trust me, we will all be glad to have Barry doing press conferences once Valley play starts up.
                  "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

I liked Barry's response on the Dan Patrick show yesterday, where he said he regrets naming a player by name, but he stands by the rest of it.

He said he was getting emails from mothers who listened to his post-game interview saying they would love for their son to play for him.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      I liked Barry's response on the Dan Patrick show yesterday, where he said he regrets naming a player by name, but he stands by the rest of it.

He said he was getting emails from mothers who listened to his post-game interview saying they would love for their son to play for him.
                      Maybe he can finally get some good players in there. Barry is fun to watch coach. I really enjoyed it last season during the beat down they got at 21st and Hillside.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                        Maybe he can finally get some good players in there. Barry is fun to watch coach. I really enjoyed it last season during the beat down they got at 21st and Hillside.
                        Beatdown? No. The good guys were down 9 at half and needed every one of Cle's 39 points to hold off the Egyptian Dogs, winning 82-76.
                        78-65

Comment

Southern Illinois coach Barry Hinson became the most famous coach in the country for a day after going on a memorable rant during his postgame press conference.

Comment

That picture is great. At least fans are fine with it.

Comment

So which one is Barry? He said he was short.

Comment

Nice cleave between the funbags on that hosehound.
                                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Working...
                                X