Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

580 AM to talk Shocker basketball at 5:35 p.m. or so (in a few mintues)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 580 AM to talk Shocker basketball at 5:35 p.m. or so (in a few mintues)

The lead in was that Kevin Haskin is going to talk about why the SEC will play the Shockers but the Big 12 won't.

Looking forward to an update or a link.
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Good stuff, with the notable exception of his lack of knowledge regarding Koch Arena.

Comment

Am I correct that there is no coach's show tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
          Am I correct that there is no coach's show tonight?
          Correct.
          In the fast lane

Comment

I don't know what Kevin Hastins said, but isn't this an old topic? The SEC has been advised to upgrade their non conference schedule since many of their teams missed out on the dance.
            In the fast lane

Comment

One of the hosts and Haskin ask themselves if there was any good reason for KU and KSU not to play WSU and they both said "nope."

What Dr WU is referencing is that he said in the past Koch had an older crowd that sometimes didn't get into the game and now the crowd is younger with more students. I guess it is partially true, but Koch and Henry Levitt could always, always be loud and rocking, even with a few geezers.

I believe that Kevin is from Wichita originally. I do not know if he is a WSU alumnae.

Comment

would love the opportunity to hear a podcast.. someone post a link?

Comment

I will try to track down. It looks like they have them for the show, but the tab won't open:

Scroll to the bottom with the graphic about their sports talk show; hey they have a WuShock on there! I am easily pleased sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                    One of the hosts and Haskin ask themselves if there was any good reason for KU and KSU not to play WSU and they both said "nope."

What Dr WU is referencing is that he said in the past Koch had an older crowd that sometimes didn't get into the game and now the crowd is younger with more students. I guess it is partially true, but Koch and Henry Levitt could always, always be loud and rocking, even with a few geezers.

I believe that Kevin is from Wichita originally. I do not know if he is a WSU alumnae.
                    He also mentioned that the Chuck couldn't be as good as IBA atmosphere wise.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      He also mentioned that the Chuck couldn't be as good as IBA atmosphere wise.
                      I guess I heard it more that he was surprised how well the atmosphere at Intrust compared to Koch. Watching the game, I kind of agree. Not every game at Intrust would have that kind of crowd and energy.

Comment

Fair point, and I certainly could have misconstrued his meaning there.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                          I guess I heard it more that he was surprised how well the atmosphere at Intrust compared to Koch. Watching the game, I kind of agree. Not every game at Intrust would have that kind of crowd and energy.
                          You are right last Saturday's crowd was much better than the crowds for the So. Miss and UAB games. The crowd for the Tulsa game, on the other hand, was pretty much as good.

Comment

Working...
                          X