Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some love for FVV

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-season/page/6:pirate:
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Maybe already posted, but same place has WSU 8, KU 14, Duke 15...nice....

Comment

Did anybody catch the Shocker Report on Cox 22 before the ORU game? They showed highlights of the four previous games and HCGM made a comment after Fred took one to the hoop that "some say he cannot get to the rim" or words to that effect.
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

We knew FVV was one of the top PGs in the country. Fred had a solid game against both BYU and SLU when it counted. That's what separates Fred from a lot of the PGs. He knows when to do the right things at the right time.
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Fred's not about Fred, Fred's about the team and getting W's.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
            I'll never forget when Fred was a senior and he was asked about his role on the team and he said something to the effect of, "If they need me to start I'll start. If they need me to come off the bench, I'll come off the bench. If they need me to hand out towels I'll do that."

I love that quote!

My favorite, however, is, "One of you is going to sit."
            Livin the dream

Comment

the way he passed the ball in the second half against oru was special, in the way that word describes college basketball players. 'just really, really good. his assists consistently led to 3-foot wide open baskets. i like it when he concentrates on distributing the ball, and he's fast becoming one of the best point guards in the country (sorry doug gottlieb, but it is true)... as a sophomore.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                And you can swap out "Fred" with "Baker" and "Cotton" and it still holds true.

Dang it's good to be a Shocker.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

New article. Good read from Rockford. http://www.journalstandard.com/artic...1229856/?tag=2

Comment

Originally posted by Heinro View Post
                    New article. Good read from Rockford. http://www.journalstandard.com/artic...1229856/?tag=2
                    Good article. Well written and well deserved.
                    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Let's sum this up and put this in perspective. We would not trade our backcourt for any other in the Country and they are only Sophs. Now throw in a twist of Cotton and we have a genuine trifecta for Christmas to the tune of 12-0 (soon to be 13) that just keeps on giving wins. You like?
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

FSF, you are absolutely correct. The backcourt we get to enjoy is definitely one of the top 5 if not best in the country. They have the potential to be the best got the next couple of seasons. The media will gall in love with these guys and the attention will only grow.

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                          Good article. Well written and well deserved.
                          Here it is starting at page 1,

Fred Van Vleet does a little of everything on a basketball court. Sometimes a lot of everything. In Wichita State's season opener, the sophomore point guard led the Shockers in rebounds, steals and…
                          Last edited by 1979Shocker; December 25, 2013, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                            Let's sum this up and put this in perspective. We would not trade our backcourt for any other in the Country and they are only Sophs. Now throw in a twist of Cotton and we have a genuine trifecta for Christmas to the tune of 12-0 (soon to be 13) that just keeps on giving wins. You like?
                            It's safe to say we will probably have a Baker's dozen 13-0 soon. Hopefully Ron is player of the game when it happens.

Comment

"It's embarrassing not to be a good shooter"... There's one DG can relate to!

Comment

Working...
                              X